Chapter 4

PRISCILLAS POV

Today's Friday. Meaning it's the busiest night of the week at the bar. Also meaning I won't get home until two in the morning.

So to prepare before I hit the chaotic Las Vegas streets, I stretch.

I'm currently in my living room with my butt in the air, trying, hoping, that one of these days I'll be able to reach my toes without pain exploding in the back of my legs.

Today's not one of those days.

I sigh.

"What a view."

I scream and fall, startled at the male voice.

Angrily blowing the hair out of my face, I look up to see Finn leaning on the wall by my front door. Smirking.

I roll my eyes. "Finn, I tell you every freaking time. Knock dang it, KNOCK!" I grab my sock and throw it at him.

Finn is very handsome. He's got black hair, and bright blue eyes. He's also very tall and lean. No wonder he makes so many tips at the bar.

I would be attracted to him if a certain someone didn't already have my heart.

He smiles. "I'll give you $100 just to say the word damnit."

I walk past him, into my small kitchen. "Now why would I do that, when it is just as easy to say nicer, cleaner words." I try to rationalize, picking an apple off the counter and biting into it.

He whistles lowly, searching through my fridge. "She's got a nice ass, and doesn't curse." He mocks, and looks back at me. "Some mans gonna be lucky to have you one day." He winks, opening a can of Pepsi.

Some man.

My heart doesn't want some man.

I hate having to think about meeting someone else. Sharing my future, my life with someone else. When deep down, there's only one man I want to marry. One man whose babies I'd want to be the mother of.

But sadly, in my life at least, good things come to an end.

"Cilla?"

I look up to see Finn look at me worriedly.

I smile reassuring. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you think of," He clears his throat. "Him."

I hop up on the counter, and kick my legs back and forth, trying to find anything to distract myself. "No, you're good. Don't worry about that." I wave him off.

He walks closer, till he's leaning next to me on the counter. "You know that you can talk about it with me right?" He scratches his neck, and looks unsure of himself. Aww.

I can tell he's not used to comforting people, but he tries for me. It's sweet.

I smile genuinely. "Yes Finn, I know. Thank you for that. But I'm okay, really. That's what therapy is for." I chuckle. He smiles.