Pretend Like You Know Me

^Jamie^
Jamie's POV

"Jamie! Honey come on!" My mother shouted from down stairs.

It's 3:30 in the morning and she's taking me to some therapy session. This is going to be the 3rd one this month.

She keeps sending me to different doctors thinking they will fix me. The thing is I can't be fixed.

I tied my white vans and looked at myself in the mirror. My blonde hair was spiked up in the front, making my 5"4 body look slightly taller. My hazel eyes standing out against my pale skin. I have a red flannel, with a plain black shirt underneath, with black skinnies. After taking off the flannel and putting on an oversized black hoodie I run downstairs before my mom looses her shit.

We get into the car and she speeds down the rode without a word. I feel my empty stomach complain, but I ignore it. We didn't speak for the whole hour long drive until she pulled up for me to get out.

"Ok hun. Can you please try this time?" She gave me a look sympathy, before I closed the door without saying anything. I just walked inside the waiting room and checked in like I've done thousands of times before at all the difference places I've been to.

I sat down and waited for 11 minutes and 37 seconds, not that I was keeping track. In that time I counted all the square tiles on the floor. It's 132 in case you were wondering.

"Jamie Cornwel?" And voice called from the front desk. "Room 602"

I nodded and headed to the room. I knocked, then entered the small office room. The room had a couch, and chair around a coffee table on one side. Then on the other was a bookshelf, desk, and posters with inspirational quotes. I brought my attention back to the desk to see a man in his early 20s reading a book with a cigarette dangling from his fingertips.

He looked up at me with grey eyes and said "Jamie. Just wait one second, you can take a seat."

"No. I'll stand."

He gave me a questioning look as he put his book down, still holding the cigarette. "This appointment will be 2 hours...I suggest you sit."

"I'm not making myself comfortable because it's not like I'll be coming back into this room ever again. I just don't see the point."

"And why won't you be coming back?"

I rolled my eyes and said "because after one day you'll be able I see that there's nothing you can do to fix me. Nothing you can say." He leaned back in his desk chair and let me continue. "It's useless to try. I've done this enough times to know that you'll ask me questions and think you know me. You'll prescribe me some anti-depressants and be done. I hate to break it to you but it won't work. But hey go ahead, ask me a question and pretend like you know me."

With that I sat down on the couch as far away from him as possible.

"I'm Doctor Gavin Scott, and I will get to know you. I'll learn everything there is to know about you, you don't even have to speak and I'll still know." He crosses his arms and pushed up his black rim glasses, that match his hair. His arms weren't crossed in a standoff or annoyed manner, but in a calm and dominant way.

He got up and sat in the chair across from me, holding a notebook and pen in one hand and his cigarette in the other. He was about to press it to his lips when I reached out and grabbed in from his hands. He willingly let me take it, and just watched my movements. I brought it to my lips and inhaled. Handing it back I exhaled the smoke into his face. Gavin raise an eyebrow and began writing in his notebook.

"So Jamie. Anything you'd like to say before we begin?"

"Bring it on"

—————————————————

3 hours later

I just got home from the appointment. Gavin basically just learned about my home and school life, nothing much. I have about two minutes before I should leave for school. My stomach once again called out, but I let it be.

I'm not sick. I'm not. I just....I don't know, but I'm fine.

Quickly I run upstairs to check my outfit. Black hoodie, black pants, and white shoes. Great.

Sprinting down the stairs and out the door. I hop onto my state board and venture down the road.