prologue.

It was a bright and cozy winter morning, with the students of Class 1-B bustling about in joy and just having fun with each other in general inside the warm classroom. Lee Daehwi, class representative, scans the place with a small smile, heart softening at the sight of his classmates bonding together and their faint chatter. It was a minor feature but it's the little things that Daehwi likes to appreciate.

From one corner at the back of the room, there sits Bae Jinyoung and Lai Kuanlin in their respective desks, the two being attached to the hip ever since middle school, Daehwi recalls. Most likely even longer, as they already seemed to be close the first time Daehwi encountered the duo.

Daehwi's eye twitches when he hears the pair's obnoxious laughter. Really, when they all first met years ago, both Jinyoung and Guanlin gave off the impression of the typical cold, calm and collected type of students. Little did Daehwi know that they can get so freakishly noisy and annoying with their corny jokes and Guanlin's dolphin-like laugh (partnered with wild clapping) along with Jinyoung's high-pitched one with voice cracks.

Don't get him wrong, Daehwi doesn't hate them and he cares about them just as much as he cares for the well-being of his other classmates; it's just that Daehwi was never really close with any from the both of them that he never really minded their existence. Harsh as it is, the wild people who usually get in trouble for cracking jokes are not in Daehwi's cup of tea.

While writing the attendance for the day, Daehwi was beginning to feel a bit more irked than before because their laughter can still be heard clearly even from the front, where he was sitting. Daehwi was getting distracted, and he'd frustratedly repeat counting his classmates who are present.

Another eye twitch came when the laughter increased. Apparently, some of his other classmates at the back near the duo's seats found whatever in heck they were talking about hilarious and started to joke around with them.

A few seconds pass by, and Daehwi lets out a sigh if relief upon hearing the laughter die down, replaced with silence and back to the serene scene of the disciplined classroom.

Much to Daehwi's distaste, it didn't last long. From the back of the classroom, Bae Jinyoung cups his hands and puts it in front of his mouth to form an improvised microphone.

"IF YOU LOOK AT ME, YOU'RE MINE!"

The girls just merely rolled their eyes and avoided Jinyoung's averting gaze by continuing their chats with their friends. Snickering with Jinyoung were the boys, trying to look for someone who'd fall for the trap.

And Daehwi didn't exactly think this through. Slamming his hand on his desk table, Daehwi turns around to face Jinyoung.

"Bae Jinyoung! What on earth are you so loud for?!"

Daehwi offers a cold glare, as if giving the other a message in the form of a threat while looking into Jinyoung's mischievious eyes. There seemed to be a twinkle in them.

Instead of apologizing and just shutting up, Jinyoung just gives Daehwi a huge warm grin.

"I guess you're mine now, Lee Daehwi."

;

[A/N]: new jinhwi / deephwi fic !!!
i'll make sure to write this way better than how the wedding crashers was written.

any side ships? yes. if there's jinhwi, there will always be panwink. still thinking of other ships tho hmm