Chapter 2

Y/N's Pov:

The hallway is vacant since there is still 10 minutes of class left. I decided I would wait until next period, what was the point of going back when the bell would go after a few minutes. I walked to the room in which my next class would be in and leaned on the wall before taking my earphones out and listening to my favourite songs. I used music as an escape from reality and most of the time it worked. I closed my eyes and starting humming. At least until I was interrupted by a cold hand on my shoulder that made me jump a little. I looked around and saw Taehyung, he said something but I hadn't taken out my earphones and I couldn't hear him.

Taehyung noticed that I couldn't hear him and he gently took the earphones out of my ear, taking me back to reality.

"You are really something Y/N, keeping your earphones in when I am talking to you."

He smiled a little and then decided he would swing my headphones around. I was confused as to why he was out here in the hallway but I didn't particularly want to ask.

"So...how are you feeling?" Taehyung asked me. His facial expression was telling me he was worried about me, that made me even more nervous than I already was, did he have bad intentions? Could I let myself close to him? Would he leave me?

I just nodded, I didn't want to ignore him but I also didn't want to talk.

Taehyung laughed at my reaction before saying:

"Okay...I guess you do not want to talk to me." He gave me my earphones and started to walk away from me. I quickly  grabbed his wrist to stop him from going any further. He stopped immediately and turned to face me with the cutest smile I had ever seen.

"It's not you." I quickly said without hesitation causing me to feel slightly confused. I had never said something so confidently to anyone since my dad died. Even Mum and Daisy I still sometimes hesitated when it came to talking but something about Taehyung's presence made me feel something I hadn't felt since my dad's death.

"Okay then, I wont ask whats wrong since I don't think you want to answer." 

His response was so sweet, no one in school had ever been this nice to me, they always interrogated me until I caved in from the pressure then called me pathetic straight after making me feel even worse than I previously had.

I smiled at him but obviously all good things must come to an end. The bell rang and my expression changed quickly. Many people were starting to walk out of their classrooms and it was triggering my anxiety, luckily Taehyung noticed and he swiftly put the earphones back in my ear before turning up the volume. All I could do was stand still, no one had ever understood me like this before, especially a stranger I had barely talked to...

Taehyung grabbed my hand and pulled me slightly so I was walking with him. When we walked into the class he was still holding my hand. I still had my earphones in so I couldn't hear what everyone was saying about us but I knew it wasn't positive comments. I also received many menacing glares from some of the girls. I thought Taehyung would understand I didn't like this sort of attention, he sat down at the back of the class and pulled me so I sat in the chair next to him.

Over time I had learned to lip read, meaning I knew all about the things they said. I kept quiet about their words though, I didn't want any more attention than I already received on a daily basis. The teacher asked for silence so I slowly took my earphones out and put them in my pocket. As I put them in my pocket the girl in front of us turned around and started to talk to Taehyung, I didn't want to interrupt them so I just got my notepad out and started to draw, I could still hear them but I tried to ignore it.

She asked Taehyung if he had any plans after school as her parents were not going to be home. I wanted to laugh at how desperate she is but I kept it to myself. I was about to continue drawing my butterfly when I heard Taehyung say something that shocked me a little.

"Sorry. I already made plans with Y/N."

I looked at him confused but he payed no attention to me and got his book out ready to do the work. The girl looked at me before turning back around and started to get on with her work. 

I shaked Taehyung's shoulder slightly so I could get his attention.

"Hmm...?" He replied while looking at me.

"Plans?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. I haven't told you yet, we are going to my house after school."

I wondered why he didn't ask me first but I thought that maybe I could start feeling better about myself if I made a new friend. I decided I would go to his house and try to interact as much as possible, if I could. But then it also made me think about everything at school and I decided against it.

"No. I cant." I replied.

"And why is that Y/N?" He looked at me.

"Homework." I just said the first thing that came to mind. I grabbed my pencil and started to draw again but it was obvious Taehyung hadn't finished talking yet.

"Then do you homework at mine."

"No." I replied once again but a little bit harsher this time.

He grabbed my chin gently so I was looking at him.

"I don't bite Y/N, tell me the real reason."

Of course he saw through me, why am I still surprised? It is all he has done since we met. I was too shy to face him so I just continued to silently stare at the pencil on my desk. I knew Taehyung was staring at me but I didn't want him to know it affected me.