chapter 2: the death of a rose

After that I raced out the bathroom, up the Felt stairs and back into class.I ran up towards my desk,grabbed my bag and ran ." emira where are you go?"tria and ashley yelled but by that time I was half way to main door. While I was walking towards the parking lot I began shuffling but fortunately for the car I remembered where I parked it. Finally , I reached the car's destination and........

"Are you f*cking kidding me right !"I yelled in frustration.

The door was jammed but why was I snapping this hard?. Then It quickly come to me I dragged off my sweater, wrapped it around my fist and smashed the glass. I then open it from the inside, brushed off the glass splitters off the seat ,started the car and drove off.

Fifteen minutes later I was driving on the highway on my to the house my phone rang again. "Dad I'm on my way about Fifteen minutes away " "ok just hurry ".the desperate sound in dad's voice made my blood race.

Fifteen minutes later I pulled up into the driveway, took out my keys and ran inside the house.

"Dad!, Dad! ,Dad!" I went in calling. I went into the living room NOTHING, I went in the kitchen NOTHING, until I went into the bathroom and heard someone talking and sobbing in the next room. But when I rushed into the next room I was only to catch the scene of dad by my mothers side.

"What happened?"I asked confused and paniced , " she just collasped until i saw her bleeding from her side "dad explained While running his fingers threw his hair frustration . Suddenly mom looked in my direction and utter softly " e-emira ", I quickly attended to her and clutching to her level . "Yes mom i'm right here"I said to comfort her, suddenly she grabbed my hand which had a strange red henna design which I've never seen on mom's hand," Believe emira....Believe in yourself"mom said in panting state .then my pendant began to give off a strong glow and the strange design from mom's hand transferred to mine.

"E-e-emira your the last....."she tried say before her hand released lifeless, swinging off the edge of the bed. My head felt like it contained my heart and my brain was in my stomach. My body felt as if it weren't the same, After just witnessing my mother's solid death. It just felt like I was swallowing a hard chunk of ice that was unable to melt and it was killing me slowly. There was no emotion fill how I felt and what I wanted do. Then with my hand over my face I could see a strong glow threw my fingers and which reflected off the walls. When I removed my hand from my face I saw my mother's corpse disappearing into glowing glitter like pieces ascending. Suddenly I felt hand rest on my shoulder softly.

"Emira" "why didn't you ?" "Em,I" "why didn't you take her to the hospital ?"I yelled before boxed his hand of me. "Emira I couldn't ....." " couldn't do what dad?, couldn't save the one thing that was balancing your world ,the one woman you loved. Did you even love her dad did you?DID YOU?" I snapped with a teary face and crackling voice. "ENOUGH!" Dad shouted in frustration with a growl in his chest.

Shocked. My eyes widened in his tone off voice. He then walked out of the bedroom ,walked into the living room loan collapsed backwards on the couch.

"Are you ok"I asked as I leaned against the door jam. "*sigh* I'll be fine" he replied with hung head," but your not, that's the issue so what's going on dad?"I ask trying to hear something from him.

"I feared that this day would come *sigh* let's go upstairs on the balcony we have some matters to discuss" he said in a serious tone as he took a beer out off the fridge and we went up.

when we went on the balcony we grabbed two chairs , sat and began talking .

"What just happened?"I asked in a frustrated confusion, "your mother's soul went to the gods *sigh* she's in a better place Now" dad said calmly." I'm I normal ?" I asked with a clam tone,"*sadly no you're a mix " he replied.

MIX!? what he mean by MIX?.

"MIX?" "Correct your mother was a vixen emira " "and you?" I asked anticipating more then he got silent. "*sigh* I'm a wolf past alpha actually" he added. " wait ,wait ,wait, just wait so I'm to get that my mom was a vixen as in fox and your an alpha as in wolf" I said trying to get this straight, then suddenly it hit me the growling that means dad wasn't lying . So I continued to listen.

"I know it's hard to believe Em...." "yah think?" "....but this no joke or stunt he continued. My head was all over the place just wondering how, why and where.

" so that's why you couldn't take either mom or grandma to the hospital?" I asked waîting for an answer. " sadly yes, no one can risk getting a vixen in the wrong hands emira, it would be total chaos between worlds". My thoughts Then drifted then got deeper by the seconds just pondering over what I just heard.

" so what would happen if I got into the wrong hands ?" I asked waiting on the answer. "From my knowledge of the vixen three thousand pints of blood is equal to one pint of a vixen's , they're well known for they're healing and immortality" he continued to explain.

"Say what now?!"

" so, do wolves harness the same power ?" I asked still shook .
"Yes , only the alphas but the rest only have the ability to heal " he explained , " so what's so special about me if the wolves contain the same power? " I asked sounding lost . He then cleared his and said " Emira because us wolves may possess the ability to heal but you heal at a faster rate" he stated . At that moment I was confused beyond expectation.

" so what's the necklace for ?" I looked down and asked trying to remain calm ." your mother that it contains the Vincent's soul, contains the beast unless commanded it's release. The chain also represents the hold on the beast and the gem represents the animal's beauty" dad explained.

" but how do you look like humans but yet still animals?"I continued to ask questions. "We shifted back and forth. Now it's getting late I strongly suggest you get back now " dad suggested " but wait, Dad can I shift ?"i continued to dump questions on him." I suggest that you find out for yourself I'll walk you downstairs ".

Then dad and I walked down stairs and he escourted me to the car. "Are sure your gonna be ok ?"I asked in concern ," I'll hold up I have to make a few calls first". Then I gave him a hug and left.

As I was driving, all I could think about was mom and the conversation dad and I had. Wolves ,vixens, blood, immortality , healing powers, what the heck was going on. Twenty minutes later I pulled up into the parking lot and took out my keys . then I only felt my lids heavy and my head flunked on the steering wheel.

I fell asleep.

Hi guys, I really hope you enjoy this story.* Love yah*

~Xox- Taylorjade2020