The Crush

Zack Koten sat on his sofa and he looked at the time. It was just past noon and he wondered if his cook was done with the food for his friends outside and himself. As if on cue, a sweet smell of honey baked chicken with the smell of steak being made in the kitchen wafted into his nose. Outside his mansion, his not-too-friendly school friends. He sighed softly and he heard a loud commotion and he walked out slowly.

You see, Zack spent most of his time in his mansion with his friendly half brother Tyde who cooked meals for him from time to time. He heard loud screams and yells and whoops from the garden outside where he knew his precious garden was. He went out and what he saw made him sick in the stomach. His friends (Jake - a drake, Brad - a crocodile, Dennis - the only fat panda there, Johnny - the dragon who was as big as Zack, Sergei - who was a horse who was nice but he did get rowdy around Jake and last but not least, Matt - A shark) were holding a slender feline, roughly a few years younger that Zack's outlook, against the fence and Matt was licking her neck while the rest held her limbs against the fence.

The cat started struggling against Matt. She should have been more focused, walking through a land she didn't know, but she had let her guard down. She managed to headbutt the one who had been licking her neck a while before, but she hadn't managed to do anything since, she pressed her ears against her head and she whimpered.

"SOMEONE HELP ME!!!" She screamed and Zack came running to her  rescue, pushing them away and pulling Jess into his arms, stroking her head and cooing softly in her ears.

"What were you guys doing?! Trying to rape her?! Go home! NOW!" They looked down regretfully and apologized to the girl before leaving with their things.

Jess squeezed her eyes shut, clinging to the reindeer who had saved her who sounded slightly familiar but she ignored it when she couldn't place it, she glanced at them when they apologized and she whimpered, burying her head into the other's chest. That had shaken her and the man was basically hugging her and she was never one to pass up comfort. He hugged her back before seeing the unmistakable pattern of a necklace that he had given to his childhood best friend and secret crush, Jess.

"J-Jess?" He asked softly, nervous as his face turned slight reddish. The cat looked up and she stared at the reindeer and for a brief second, she saw her childhood friend Zack and she shook her head.

"Zack?! Meep!" She broke away from the embrace and stumbled back, tripping on a small flower pot and Zack quickly grabbed her and stopped her from falling down. Pulling her up, he smiled and rubbed her shoulders.

"Y-You really are Zack?" She asked and he nodded happily. Seeing her after several decades was a a miracle and he hugged her happily. She hugged him back and they embraced for a minute before Zack let go of her. Her arms slowly unraveled and she took a step back to take a look at him. His dark brown eyes still sexy as ever and is body had changed a lot. He used to be slightly chubby when he was younger, but now, he was built with a lean stomach. She shivered and smiled and reached up to ruffle the iconic fluff of hair that stuck out of the top of his head.

"H-hey! N-Not the fluff, I just styled it earlier~ Erm...would you like to come in? Tyde's making dinner and I want to catch up with you!" Zack yipped happily and grabbed her hand and tugged her in, much to her surprise, he was still as affectionate as ever. She followed him in and the smell of honey baked chicken and steak brought her old memories back.

She was running around the mansion and giggled loudly as Zack chased her around. She accidentally tripped herself on her tail and fell the ground hard. Zack cradled her and cooed softly to stop her crying. Looking up, she saw Zack's concerned and affectionate eyes and she couldn't help but smile at them. He smiled, seeing her and stroked her head gently.