18.

I haven't felt this happy since we boarded that train way back on the first day of our mission. I keep telling myself, it's not over, it's not over, but I can't escape the giddy, excited feeling I'm getting. Maybe it's because I just found out 20 seconds ago that I have powers, like Iron Man. Anyway, we still have to rescue Mrs Mitzeegh, and to be honest a lot of things can go wrong, but I'm not going to let anything stop us. We're so close.

We're following Ms Katarina, who presumably knows where Mrs Mitzeegh is being kept. Well, she says she doesn't know for sure, but we don't know at all, and so this is pretty much a giant step closer to our destination.

Everyone is so quiet, yet I can feel they're excited too, relieved some of them.

Can I read feelings too? Or is that just my strange personality?

Ms K stops and turns right to face another giant door. Despite all the excitement my stomach gives a sudden lurch in nervousness. What if this is another trap?

This is our last hope, our last chance.

Here goes.

Ms K looks at all of us, "Brace yourselves," she says, before, slamming open the door with all her strength. We all tumble inside. To my relief, there's Mrs Mitzeegh. What we've been waiting for all this time. What lead us here, what brought us into the conspiracy, what made us even think about the conspiracy.

There's nothing else in the room, just her, and the table.

"Ok girls," Ms K says, which earns some weird looks from Flynn and Drew, and Mrs Renee. "And guys," she adds, ignoring Mrs Renee. "Don't untie her yet. I need to break her out of her spell."

"Do you know how to?" Mrs Renee asks.

Ms K stretches her arms out. "I'm a witch," she finally speaks. "I can do it."

"I knew it," Jada whispers, the first thing she's said since we left the cage room.

As Ms K leans over an unconscious Mrs Mitzeegh, a horrifying thought crosses my mind. Mrs Renee looks at me and explains, "Drew stopped time while we were walking. They have no idea we're here as of now. When they find out, I don't know."

I nod, even though I'm not very comforted by her words.

The six of us stand there, staring at the back of Ms K, silently praying that the others don't find us. Well, even if they do, we've got powers now. And they work.

Even so, my heart is thumping against my chest too hard. It practically skips a beat when Ms K turns around, her face blank.

"Please tell me-

"I can do it," she says, raising her arms, silencing me. "But she's going to have..."

Oh no.

"...no memory of anything that happened from when she met you, to now. She knows everything before."

My whole body is frozen with shock but somehow I manage to squeak out an ok as Ms K nods and turns around to do her spell.

Jessie grabs my hand suddenly, and looks at me, no expression on her face. She doesn't need to say anything, though. I know exactly what she's thinking. On my other side Jada and Drew, Drew on the far side of Jada grabbing her arm, come closer towards us. Mrs Renee, Flynn and Shayleigh come stand next to Jessie. Everyone is staring at the two women in front of us.

Mrs Mitzeegh finally stands, with the help of Ms K. She doesn't look that shaken, or scared, just a little confused. But at the same time, she looks like she knows everything.

Everything about the conspiracy.

"Hello," she says. It feels like it's been ages since I've heard her voice. "Thanks for helping me. I'm going to go now. You all can leave, too."

And that is how it all ended.

Like seriously.

You can stop reading now. It's over.

At least, this chapter of our story is.