O N E

chapter one - doctor, doctor [un-edited]

[un-edited]

"4... 3... 6... 2..." Josephine said as Carlise was pushing different areas on her back. She had to say how much it was hurting her out of 10 on the spot he was touching. (She did have a top on)

Josephine Leigh Olsen was born with Scoliosis. Scoliosis is where someone spine is naturally not straight, it is ever in a S shape or a C shape. No one actually know why is happen because 9 times out of 10 you are born with it but it can take them a few years before they discover it on you. Josephine was 6 years old when she found out she had it.

All people stuffer from it differently, some people can have a shoulder height then the other one, some women can actually have one boob bigger than the other one and some people can have it like yennefer from the witcher. Josephine was lucky because if you looked at her probably wouldn't think any different but she believes you can see a different because she can. She never wears anything that it tight on her. She always buys her top and jumper one size bigger because of this fear that people will notice. 90% of her clothes are from thrift stores.

For the last 3 months (6 of them weeks was summer holiday) she had been off school because of back pain. Every minute of the day she is in pain but some days it's worse than other. In PE, they was playing volleyball ball and one of the girls put her elbow in her back. She hit a nerve in Josephine back which was making the pain even worse.

"In the last 3 weeks, the pain has stayed the same. Probably you will have to get used to pain your back in at the moment. You have days where I might not feel as bad but sadly from here on it's going to get worst again. As you know we don't know how long it will be until surgery. I have written you a note saying your aren't allowed to be apart in sport activities for at least a year. We don't want any more accidents. You are free to go back to school when they open back up in two weeks." Carlisle told Josephine.

"Thank you. I guess I will see you next week." Josephine said and make her way out the room. It wasn't she didn't like Doctor Carlisle. She didn't want for talk about her back any more this evening. She got her pain medicine she was on and made her way outside.

It was still daylight but she had to walk home. Most people would take about 15 minutes walk home but for Josephine it took about 25, if she was lucky. Having to stop at least 3 times because of the pain of her back. But she had to do workout and exercise to help with her back. She has to wear a special back brace when she go to sleep. She isn't allowed to carry bags over a court weight because it can pull on her back and it's worse.

"Miss Olsen, why hasn't Charlie picked you up?" Carlisle asked. Josephine was listening to Lana Del Rey and thinking more about the music. She didn't even realised that Dr Carlisle had pulled up side her. Only when he started talking that she realised that he was there.

"No. He picking up his daughter from the airport then going to take her out for dinner. I told him, not to worry because I didn't know how long my optimum would take." Josephine told him.

Most people, almost believed that Josephine was Charlie lost daughter or something. But this is wrong. Josephine is Charlie goddaughter. 4 years ago, Sophia, Josephine mum had left home and ran away. 3 days, turned into 3 weeks, turned into 3 months but Sophia never came back for her daughter. Josephine was put in foster care for 4 months. When Charlie had heard about this, he discussed he was going to adopt his own goddaughter.

Josephine had never met her dad. She had no idea where he was or what happened to him. All she knows was her mum was 17 years old when she became pregnant with Josephine. Josephine grandmother had kicked out her mother when she discussed this. Then 4 years ago her mother wasn't there at home when Josephine came home.

"I can drop you home if you would like." Carlisle asked Josephine.

Josephine knew that she should try and walk home. She should say no to Carlisle but she was already feeling tired and wasn't in the mood. "Only because it look like it's going to start raining." Josephine said. The sky was cloudy with dark grey clouds.

Josephine got into Carlisle car. She wonder if this was even allow her doctor talking her home but she treated him. There wasn't much conversation in the car but Josephine enjoyed the silent. Most people found it awkward but she found it oddly comforting. Josephine was right and only a minute into the drive it started to rain. It didn't take them too long for Carlisle to get to the Swan household.

"Doctor, thank you for the drive home. Can you please give this to Alice. It's a thank you present for the times she came over and help me catch up with everything I had missed with my time being off. I saw it and thought of her." Josephine said as she gave Carlisle the box with flower rapping paper over it. Alice present was an 1940s jewellery box that she found in a thrift shop.

"You didn't need to get Alice anything. You should know she is always here to help you in any way. We all are." Carlisle said. The two of them said their goodbyes and Carlisle made him way back home.

Once Carlisle got home he was going welcome by Alice. "How is she?" Alice ask. How the year or so that Cullen have moved to Folks, Alice has grown the most close to Josephine. 

"I am getting worried about her. Her back hasn't improved since Jessica below her in the back."  Carlisle said.

"Do you think she should turn her now before her back get any worse?"

"No. I won't allow you to turn her, Alice." Jasper said. Now Alice strongly believe that Josephine is meant to be Jasper mate but everyone even Jasper believe that Alice has her mixed up with someone else because Jasper didn't believe that Josephine was his mate. For some unknown reason but Josephine dislike Jasper quite a bit. They always argue with each other.

***

Hello, I hate this chapter a lot.
I hope this isn't too bad for you to read
and I can't wait to get into this book.

Side Note: I have a Rosalie book published as well!