Help

It was April 26th, 1986 1:23 AM.
That's when it happened.

I said my good nights to my younger brother and sister and went to bed around 10:23. During the night I felt..weird, I felt scared and anxious, and I just couldn't sleep at all.

Around 1AM I went downstairs to go get some milk to help me sleep, I saw that my brother fell asleep on the couch and my sister was resting her head in his shoulder, I smiled at the two and continued to the kitchen.

As I was getting the milk bottle I felt horrified and sick, all of a sudden it felt like my skin was burning; peeling off. I started screaming, I dropped the bottle and it broke as it landed on the floor.

I dropped to my knees, gripping my hair with my left hand and grabbing my heart with my right, It hurts like hell.
As I was screaming in pain my brother woke up and ran to me, but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me.

My heart was hurting, my bones felt like they could break, I couldn't take the pain, my voice started cracking and breaking as I screamed.

As I was crying and screaming I started vomiting and choking in the vomit and sobs, I then realized that I was grabbing clumps of my own hair; my hair started to fall out.

I looked up at Ivan with a pained expression and tears running down my face like rivers, he looked so scared and worried, he wanted to help but he stayed far away "Brother..Please,....help me!" I cried as I tried to get closer to him but he backed away more, I only got half a step closer before vomiting and my arms collapsed, causing my upper body to fall on the filth in the ground.

Belarus heard the TV and turned it up more, it was talking about the No. 4
light water graphite moderated reactor at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant had exploded, radioactive gases were everywhere. "The event occurred during a late-night safety test which simulated a station blackout power-failure, in the course of which safety systems were intentionally turned off. A combination of inherent reactor design flaws and the reactor operators arranging the core in a manner contrary to the checklist for the test, eventually resulted in uncontrolled reaction conditions." Russia then understood what what wrong with her.

"Acute radiation sickness" he softly whispers as he stumbles back and covers his mouth with his hand, tears forming at his eyes. Belarus ran after her older brother while crying "She's going to be okay?! Right?!"

He just shrugged in fear while he watched his older sister vomit blood and while screaming and crying for help, he couldn't do anything to help her. He wanted no needed to help her.

I wanted to die, I wanted to help my people, I could hear their screams of pain and fear, I couldn't take it, I had to help them!

It is now 2018, it has been 30 years since that horrid experience and we're healing, we now have a covering over the Chernobyl power plant. Slowly, but surely we are healing.