Part 7

As the marriage date approached, Rajveer became more restless. He planned the detail of the attack to every last minute, but knew the risks involved. He had to be at the mosque with the family, and the attack had to happen at the correct time, when all were concentrating on the wedding.

The problem was he wouldn't be able to be on the field helping. He was out of control and Col. Bisht had to unlock the opening, a stone cave near a river, so that the army could enter.

Rajveer looked into the mirror. Dressed in a sherwani, he was ready for the day. If everything went according to plan, he could be back home the next day, in his home.

Rajveer smiled as he remembered his own wedding day. The day Naina became his officially. He had entered the room, hoping to find her in the joda, blushing and nervous...but she had already changed into a kurta pyjama and left her hair loose.

"Kitni der laga diye aane mein " she asked in her typical phoolan avtaar.

Rajveer locked the door and went to the bed, she was sitting on, amused. 

"Tum ne already change kar liya ?"

"Haan....aapko pata bhi hai ki kitna heavy hai woh lehenga..upar se jewellery..."

"Naina...meine kya kya socha tha...ki dheere..dheere.." he was rubbing her hand, softly.." mein tumhara jewellery utarunga..lehenga nikalunga..." he said huskily, kissing her jawline.

"Acha ? hmm..toh ek kaam karti hu..kal phir se pehen ke baithjaungi....aaj ke liye so jaate hai, ok ?" she said  mimicking going to sleep.

"Bilkul nahi....aaj toh mein tumhe sone nahi dene wala..." he said pushing her down and kissing her.

Naina opened her eyes and blushed under his gaze. " I cant believe ki hum.. saath hai."

Rajveer smiled at her. " Humesha rahenge." 

Rajveer took a deep breath. it was time to honor that promise he made to Naina. 

*****

Rajveer waited at the mosque, pretending to smile at , and greet everyone , but was highly anxious. He tried hard not to look at his watch again and again. He tried to keep track of all the exit and entry points, in case he had t make a run.

The time came finally. He was asked to put on the sehra and sit. He did it taking as much time as he could. He could see Nausheen on the other side in a gorgeous lehenga. For a minute, Rajveer felt really bad about crushing a young girl's dreams like this. Especially, since there was no fault of hers, being born into this family.

He sat quietly as the maulana started reading and performing the procedure. (Sorry ! I have no idea how a marriage works in non-hindu religions).

Rajveer checked his watch one last time. It was time for the attack. 

******

Rajveer waited in bated breath. He strained his ears to hear the footsteps of the soldiers or the sound of firing arms, but he heard none. He anxiously watched the door, but no one came through. 

"Quereshi saab...aapne mere chacha jaan ko dekha ? abhi tak aaye nahi woh ?"

"Aarre...subh toh dekha tha unhe...yahi kahi honge...fikar mat karo"

Rajveer was getting more and more anxious. Where was Col. Bisht. Why was there no commotion. Were they late for some reason ? How could he stall ?

10 mins..15 min...and now 20 mins had passed. There was no sign of any attack. Rajveer was staring to panic.

"Quereshi saab, aap ek baar kisi ko bhej ke dekhne ke liye boliye ki Chahchaji kaha hai. Unke bagair ..."

"Haan theek hai...Wasim..jao dekho"

Wasim, gave Rajveer a dirty stare and headed out.

After a few minutes, he came back. "Haan Neeche hai...kisi se baat kar rahe hai phone pe.  Aa rahe hai."

Rajveer did not understand what was going on at all. He made an excuse to go to the bathroom. He tried to look out of the window. There was no one. He did not have any orders on what to do next. Could he run now ? There was no way. All eyes were on him. He spent a good 10 mins thinking when, there was a knock.

He opened the door to see Wasim standing. " Chaliye, Nikah ka waqt ho gaya. Sab puch rahe hai."

'Haan...woh chachaji aagaye ?"

"Haan. Chaliye." he said.

Rajveer looked around. The hall was filled with guests and guards at the doors. He had no ammunition. There was no way he could run out alive. He looked arund for Col Bisht, but couldnt find him anywhere.

The realization dawned on him that he had to now..get married.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 08, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Dooriजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें