1

"Get up! You are leaving!", yelled one one the guards who was currently opening Jungkook's cell. Tired and unaware of the situation, he sat up from his rock-hard bed and groggily stretched out his arms. "Wh.. What do you mean by 'You are leaving'?", he asked as he stretched his arms, stood up, and fixed his bed sheets before facing the guards in front of him.

"We meant you're leaving as in you're no longer our responsibility. They had found the real murderer, and it wasn't you", the second guard explained in a much nicer tone. Jungkook's eyes widened and was hit with a wave of thousands of emotions at once. He was free? After having lived in this hell hole? After having been beat up by inmates?

Then, one single person came to his mind, and pushed through all of his other thoughts: "Park Jimin.." he scowled, wanting so bad to punch the very guy who landed him in this cell.

"Come on. Here's some clothes to change into, and your stuff is waiting for you at the front. We'll come back to get you when you're dressed", the first guard grumbled, dragging the other with him and locking the door to allow Jungkook to get dressed. It didn't take too long, but him gathering the very small items he used while in the cell took longer. A teeny tiny plastic razor, a single cup, his blankets which he would leave in the cell, and his slippers that were provided for him. Unfortunately for him, the clothes that were provided were quite bland, and had the jail logo tagged onto it, which was even more embarrassing than the outfit he had previously. Once he finished, he knocked on the cell gently and the guards came back to escort him out.

"So.. What do I do now?" he asked the second guard, since he seemed a lot nicer than the first. "Well, you can contact family or friends and see if they can lend you a place to stay. Other than that, you're on your own", he gave his piece of advice, and Jungkook nodded slowly as he grabbed his items. "Okay, thank you", he murmured before grabbing his bag of the items that came with him, and leaving to the outside.

Ahh, fresh air and the sound of the city. It would've been refreshing if it didn't sound so foreign after those few years. The abundance of color and sounds were enough to terrify him to pieces, but he thought that as long as he spoke to as little people as possible, he'd be alright. Or so he hoped, at least. With all of the people surrounding him, he took a moment to clear his mind and get used to the noise before thinking of his next move as a former inmate.

After using what little coins he had in his bag, he went to the nearest payphone and dialed his friend's number, hoping to god that he'd pick up.

"Hello?", asked the caller, pure confusion laced in his voice.

"Tae Tae, it's me"