EPILOGUE

And here I end this story..
It's the very last chapter, guys..
Shower it with as much love as you can..
Enjoy..
Happy Reading..

________________

I open my tired heavy eyelids and glance outside my window.. It is raining heavily.. I love rain, it always reminds me about him..
I look away from the window and keep staring at the ceiling of our bedroom lying on my bed.. It's been fifty-three years since he left me all alone.. I begged him to take me with him, but he never listened to me..
He told me that it wasn't my time and he promised me that he, himself would come to take me with him when my time on earth would finally be over..
And here I am, an eight-two years old grandma waiting for her soulmate to come and take her with him..
I chuckle at my own thought..
I'm an old woman now, still I can feel the adrenaline rush in my system whenever I think about him..
My two grandchildren are teenagers now.. They wont's stop laughing and teasing me if they get to know my naughty and wild thoughts about their grandpa..
Hey, don't be confuse.. I didn't get married with someone else after Randhir left me..
He's the one true love of my life, my soulmate.. I can never even think about anyone else in his place..
He asked me to live my life to the fullest without any regrets, before vanishing in the thin air..
And I couldn't deny him.. So, I tried my best to fulfil his and my dreams all by myself..
I still don't remember for how many days I kept sitting on that cold wooden floor of the art room lifelessly.. I remember I wasn't even crying anymore.. It felt like my soul left my body with him..
I thought if I starve myself to death then perhaps Randhir would come either to stay with me again like before or he would take me with him.. But nothing of that sort happened..
One day I realized how selfish I was being the whole time.. I knew how much he loved me, still I hurt him by hurting myself..
And that was it.. I gathered myself together and walked out of the art room.. I took a shower and made some pancakes for myself, and as started munching on those pancakes I felt his presence around me.. It seemed like he was sitting on his usual chair of the dining table gazing at me as I ate my food and smiled at me..
I knew he was happy seeing me taking care of myself.. And then I decided I would live my life happily until the end of my life..

Eventually I found myself finishing the one last painting before I flew back to Savannah.. Then I told my parents about my decision of settling permanently in India..
First they didn't approved my decision but later they understood my feelings when I told them I got my memory back.. I resigned at my work there and came back to India..
I really wanted to stay at SanDhir Villa but as it was already sold, I couldn't stay there, so I had to stay at our old house in Mumbai..
I met Randhir's parents as well and they were my family too, like my mom and dad..
And after a few months, on my thirtieth birthday they gave me the best possible surprise of that moment.. They bought SanDhir Villa from the academy and made me the owner of it.. I still remember how happy I was that day..
The very next day I came here and spent fifty-two years of my life here..
It wasn't a cake walk for me to start my own art academy for underprivileged and orphan children.. It took me years.. But when the academy started running smoothly and successfully, it felt like all my hard work was worth it.. I named the academy after Randhir's name..
'Randhir Singh Shekhawat Memorial Academy of Fine Arts'...
I loved and still love all the kids of our academy.. But there was a three years old orphan girl named Ruhi and she captured my heart..
Whenever I looked at her, my heart used to fill with motherly warmth.. It felt like Randhir sent this baby Angel in my path..
The day I adopted her and took her with me in our home I felt his presence again, as if he came home to welcome our little girl and bless her..
I showed her Randhir's photo and told her he was her dadda.. She grew up knowing Randhir was her father who was in Heaven with Gods and always sent blessings and good lucks to her and her mommy..
Ruhi's presence gave a whole new definition to my life..