Part 1

Amelia

"Bitch I swear if you don't hurry up I'm gonn-" I cut my best friend Andrea off

"What? What are you gonna do? NO BALLS!" I say 

"Yum." James says from across my room

            Ah where do I even begin? James, Andrea, and I are the best of friends. It's always been the three of us and nothing is ever going to happen to that. I remember meeting them for the first time. I was scared since I was new at that school. I roll my eyes as I catch myself thinking "that school". My dad is in the army so I move around a lot, I've moved around my whole life. 

            They promised three years ago, when I was 14- that this time would be different. This would be my forever home and I decided to finally come out of my shell and make friends. It's hard to relate if you've never felt like you don't belong anywhere, it's almost as if you wonder "what's the point?" I didn't really understand the need for friends if I was going to leave them in six months anyways. 

           I'm glad it's different here. In LA I can be with James and Andrea all the time and I have been able to form strong bonds with them. They're like my siblings and I love it. 

"You know we're going to be the hottest at Mikey's pool party tonight!" James says applying waterproof mascara

"Well of course". Andrea responds brushing her hair

"Guys...." I trail on 

"What's up?" they respond

          I sigh as I know they're about to attack me with words of encouragement. They never take what I say seriously when it comes to these types of things. 

"I reallyyy don't want to go." I say sighing

"What?" James responds

"Why?" Andrea asks

"Because I just don't I mean- why would he have a pool party at night? That makes literally no sense and not only that, it's like three hours away!" I reply

"Oh shh maybe you'll find someone, you never leave the house anymore." James replies

"Pft I don't need anyone. Just you guys, if I have you guys then I'm fine." I retort

"Awww Amelia!" James says before hugging me 

***********************************************************************************************

              It's been four hours and we've just arrived at Mikey's party. It has everything he said it would have, no broken promises here. Boys, girls, alcohol, sex, and more. Everything I dislike about the parties I'm always brought to. 

              Honestly the parties themselves aren't bad- it's the people who show up. I'm social and it isn't hard for me to be by myself at parties because I make new friends anyways, but I'm tired of guys hitting on me. I don't want to sound conceded but I am hot and I know that, I need some fuck boy repellent. 

             Fuck boys are cute until they fuck you and run away. That's the first thing I learned when I moved to LA, all the boys are players. None of them want your heart, they want your body. I sadly had to learn the hard way when I started dating one of them at 15. His name was Mark and I honestly cared about him so much. 

           He dated me for about three months and would always push me to have sex with him and when I stood up for myself he left me. I was heart broken and it's taught me to never let my guard down. The only thing I did right in that situation, was not giving myself to him. I'm brought out of my thoughts when I hear James laughing. 

         I look up and see James and Andrea talking to a group of boys. Their shirts were off showing their tan bodies and six packs. I laugh silently and go back to Snapchat, if I'm here I might as well let everyone know  I'm here. 

         After taking three selfies and videos I'm about to go and get myself a Pepsi when someone sits next to me. I see them out of the corner of my eye and immediately get annoyed seeing it's one of the boys who was talking to Andrea and James earlier. 

        I look around me to see so many seats available but of course he has to sit right beside me on the same tanning chair. 

          I ignore him and go back to my phone

          I ignore him and go back to my phone. I'm scrolling through Instagram when I feel a hand on my knee. I look at it and sure enough it's the tan boy's hand. I slap it off of me and look at him in the eyes.

"Do you mind?" I ask

"Mind what?" he retorts annoyance lacing his voice. As he says this he places his hand on my thigh.

"Okay first off." I say removing his hand and moving my body so it's facing him "Don't touch me. You're a random person and you can't go around touching other people you don't know- keep your hands to yourself or go back to Kindergarten. Secondly, there are so many chairs here, move or I'll move". I say 

         His face looks shocked and I feel like laughing but this situation isn't funny at all to me. I stare at him for another few seconds before rolling my eyes and standing up. He let's me go without a fight which is interesting, usually they fight for me to stay or start apologizing profusely. I walk to the other side of the pool where there is another chair, I sit there and make sure to keep an eye on him. 

       I open my text messages and begin to message James and Andrea. I sneakily take a picture of the boy and send it to them and begin ranting on the situation that just happened. Neither of them reply so I sigh in defeat, once again they leave me alone at a party and none of the people here are catching my eye. No one here I would want to become friends with. 

     I'm sitting right beside the cooler right now and I look inside. I see that all the Pepsi is gone. The only thing left is alcohol and I don't drink. I'm thinking if tap water is worth it when I notice tan boy making his way towards me. I stand up and begin walking away, he's not worth my time. I'm walking away when I feel a hand on my wrist. I quickly turn around and yank my wrist away. 

"What did I say about touching people!?" I say

"Listen I'm not sure why you're being so difficult but I came all the way here from Jersey. I want someone to have some fun with you know? You're an LA girl so I know how you really are. Stop being shy and let's ditch this place, what do you say?" he says in a deep voice

       I walk closer to him slowly and I see the look of anticipation all over his face. I grab his face and pull it close. I see him smirk and I felt like puking. I put my mouth to his ear and whisper something that makes him lose his shit.

"If you ever bother me again so help me God I will end you. Do you under-fucking-stand?" I say

"You're such a bitch- any girl would be dreaming to be with me, even for a night!" he replies threateningly 

"Then go to them then." I say before walking to the car