s i x

"Ladies and Gentlemen we're sorry for the wait, it seems as if one of our baskets have been stuffed, we will be fixing this shortly," The evidently bored teen who was working at the Ferris Wheel said through the speakers in the basket.

His voice hardened as he stared at the basket below them and he continued his conversation with the park's engineers.

She rolled her eyes tired of this.
She just wanted to go home where she could throw up the non existent meal she had in the past few hours.

Where she could smoke a thousand cigarettes and have peace but it doesn't seem so. There were obstacles in her way. One, the ferris wheel being stuck and of course, the annoying boy poking her cheek.

She glared at him angrily, her hunger pains clawing at her stomach and souring her mood. She swatted his hand away, surprised when he didn't make another attempt to annoy her. She glanced at him lazily, albeit wearily. He was staring at her intensely, like he wanted to figure out who she was. She wanted to squirm under his heavy gaze but found herself freezing instead.

Then, suddenly, he was in front of her, staring into her eyes with his own light blue ones. His eyes were sharp and clear, boring into hers without an ounce of insecurity.

"Will this be one of your regrets?" His voice was a mere whisper that curled and faded like cheap cigarette smoke in the wind. Her throat was dry and she couldn't have conjured her voice, even if she tried.

But she didn't need to. He closed the last few millimeters between them, sliding a hand to the nape of her neck. He ran his thumb across her cheekbone and she responded by gripping the thick fabric of his sweatshirt at the hood. They kissed, the anorexic and the curious boy in the metal cage, under the stars and above the twinkling lights that reminded them of Marlboro Lights, with secrets and whispers wrapping around them like thick ropes.

She didn't regret it. Neither did he. The Ferris Wheel shifted, lowering the basket and putting out the glowing lights of the city.

He pulled back, with a small smile. "I still think Marlboro Lights are for pussies."

This time, she laughed.