Scenario #27: BEN Drowned & Scorpio

*requested by @SeasonalCoffee *

rewind.

Two days was all it took for the world to end. That was all it took for whatever God or Gods up above to decide that the human race needed to be punished. Why, no body knows; but the punishment of the dead rising was quite enough to send the population spiraling down to barely a million.

Even so, the undead and gore and murders of others is something that the pastas were not strangers to; although they were all driven from the mansion and separated from each other. That meant that Zalgo and his followers were released as well, and that only added to the risk of danger around every corner even more.

Fortunately enough when they had to disperse, Scorpio was not alone. Unfortunately, though, she was stuck with BEN Drowned, the one boy who abruptly switched on her last month and started making the trudge around even worse.

She clutched the machete's bloodied handle tight in her pale hand and peered around the corner of the brick building. The undead, with their glossy beige eyes and rotting skin on their bones, never intimidated her. Yet she didn't ignore the risks they brought.

"Why the hell are you so cautious of them? They won't know you're here until you make it known." BEN ran a bloody hand through his messy, blonde hair, which was free from his hat since he lost it to one of the undead. Scorpio narrowed her eyes and whipped her head around to the elf.

"Shut up, dude. If you want to run in front of them without a strategy, be my guest," She hissed silently. She turned her head back to how it was, then rolled her eyes as she heard him scoff. 

"Why have you been so snappy lately? This whole pandemic change you or something?"

Her eyes widened and she whipped around again to look at him. She pushed him back and rose her voice. "I'm the one that 'changed'? Are you kidding me!?"

BEN gasped and quickly jumped toward her, slamming his hand over her mouth and pulling her behind the dumpster. Regret flew through Scorpio's mind and she put her hand over top of the one BEN had on her mouth. All she could think as the staggering footsteps of the undead grew closer. He moved his hand away from hers and held her close by her waist.

Taking a deep breath, she moved her hand and wiggled out of his grip. She rushed forward and grabbed the machete she dropped and quickly stood, ignoring the quiet calls from BEN. Scorpio moved forward and swung the blade at the first undead's head, pulling the dagger back and repeating the same action on the other few slowly inching towards her.

"For fuck's sake," Ben grumbled behind her before quickly gripping her wrist. "You're so dumb! Let's go!"

Pulling her forward and just away from two of the undead's grip, they ran out in to the obstacle-filled street. The sounds of their pounding feet was all she could hear and she hated how loud it really was. The puddles from the storm only a day ago nearly made her slip to her knees, but she managed to keep pace with the blonde.

Eventually after several dozen minutes of endless sprinting, Ben slowed to a stop in a clearing within the large forest.  Her legs ached for a break and her lungs screamed for smooth breaths, as did Ben's.

"The next time you want to sign the last page of your story, warn me first," he said, squatting down and resting his elbows on his knees.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to get cornered and eaten alive," Scorpio snapped. "That's not how I want to die."

"Maybe you should have thought about that before yelling out loud at me."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Fuck you. You pissed me off like you usually do, and you know how my mouth is the one thing that I can't control."

Ben stood straight and crossed his arms. His stance made him look fearless and intimidating, but Scorpio did not back down a centimeter. 

"What the hell did I even do that pissed you off?"

"Oh, I don't know. It could be the fact that you changed since the world went to shit."

"Some events change people!" Ben growled. 

"You changed yourself and switched up on me! What the fuck happened to us?! We were supposedly partners in crime and never fought, but here we are! The dick in you has finally crept awake and has taken over!"

"I have my reasons on why I did that to you!"

She snarled and gripped her machete tighter, feeling the grimy red substance that was all over the wooden handle. "It better be a phenomenal reason for why you're such an asshole."

"I can't get any closer to you! We're killers that aren't supposed to have any good feelings towards other people!"

The strong grip she had on the weapon seconds before diminished away and she barely had the strength to keep her anger up. Those words that had just left his lips were some things she had only day dreamed about. 

"What are you saying?" Scorpio whispered, leaning her back against the oak tree from some slight support. Her head was spinning with thoughts and it was making her knees weak.

Ben held his arms over his torso and pursed his lips together. "I feel so much for you; so much more than I should as a killer. I don't think of you as just a friend anymore."

"I feel the same way," she blurted. Her cheeks immediately flushed crimson after the silence around them became immensely awkward and she slowly moved her arms to hug herself. He made no sounds but his eyes said everything he wanted to. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Instead of answering, Ben quickly walked the short distance until he was directly in front of Scorpio. He placed his cold hands on her upper neck and as she froze, he pulled her close. They're lips met and she could not believe that the one she had been best friends with felt the same way she did; but she sure loved the way he was showing it.

His lips were softer than she had imagined and the cool tone surprisingly drew her in for more. Their mouths moved in sync and the machete was slowly slipping from her fingers the longer they kissed. 

Ben slowly pulled himself from her even though he wanted to stay how he was for as long as he could. He rested his forehead against hers and kept his eyes closed.

"I. . ." He started, trailing off. "I'm sorry for being such a douchebag. I'm sorry for-for switching up at the worst possible time and almost getting you killed. I should have--"

"Oh, shut up and kiss me," she interrupted, grinning as she gently held the bottom hem of his shirt. "I forgive you."

_____

Holy shit. 

Guess who's back?