zwei

chloé ceffalio

before i know it, three hours have passed and i'm wearing a lavender skater dress with a sweetheart neckline standing at philippe's doorstep in my grey keds.

katelin is standing behind me impatiently, clad in a burgundy body-con dress with black open-toe pencil heels. when we were preparing for tonight i told her i thought she was dressed a bit fancy for a high school party, but she was having none of my opinion. what she told me was, "they haven't seen fancy yet."

"remind me again why i wanted to go to this?"

"oh come on, chloé. you need a night out. no time to back out now. do you want to ring it or should i?"

"ring what?" i have a puzzled expression on my face because i'm trying to play dumb. anything to buy me more time. i don't know why, but all of a sudden i have a weird feeling about how tonight might go.

"for god's sake. the doorbell, stupid!" she reaches across me and presses the small white button. philippe immediately opens the door. he seems to have been drinking, quite a bit at that.

"kate! you made it!" she gives him a kiss on the cheek. that would normally would be weird with any other person, but i know we're all good friends so i let it slide. we enter the house. it is already packed with people.

"damn, you look good, chloé." philippe comments.

"eyes off my best friend, coutinho," kate orders as i blush. "ew, it smells like sweat and vomit in here."

"yeah, we have alcohol and people are dancing," philippe says with a shrug.

"cool. come on, bitch, let's crash," my bestie pulls me inside philippe's massive house. we go through the front door with philippe right behind us. in my peripheral vision, i can still see him checking me out; which i ignore and check out the surroundings. people are dancing like there's no tomorrow in the living room. in the kitchen, people are taking shots and mixing drinks. a large keg of beer is sitting on the table.

"i know some people don't do alcohol, so there's punch on the table, if you're into that," philippe offers. "but it looks like cristiano is ppppspiking it. hey, come on dude, that's not cool!" with that, he runs over to stop the captain of the football team from spoiling the only non-alcoholic drink in the house.

"well, shall we get una bebida?" katie smirks.

"we shall," i smirk back.

"any requests?" she asks.

"uh, i can mix own drink?" i say in a 'duh' tone. she makes the surrendering motion with her hands.

"well, if you need me, i'll be with philippe in the living room."

"i think philly cheesesteak over there is a bit preoccupied with cristiano." i gesture over to the punch where philippe is searching the football captain for more tiny bottles of liquor. katelin marches over to him and takes his arm and drags him into the living room to dance with her. the confidence that girl has always impresses me. i mean, she could probably be able to talk to harry styles and be able to keep her cool.

and i'm not going to lie, i'm a bit annoyed that she just left me like that. i thought the unspoken rule was that if you go to a party with someone, especially if that someone just so happens to be your best friend, that you plan to stick with them and not just take off with the host of the party.