Cheshire's Grin [2]

"Let's turn this into a drinking game," I whispered to Sander and Sarah when the group of Guild masters drifted around, looking for drinks and snacks. "Every time an argument breaks out, we take a drink?" I offered which the two nodded to. Sarah snagged three glasses with what I assumed to be some sort of alcohol. Arguments were famous among Guild masters, usually a fist fight or some sort of physical fight breaking out. Our trio would be drunk by the end of this meeting, I just knew it.

"Now Sander," Tally, a shapeshifter Master, approached us. She seemed very young, if you didn't know her you'd think she was probably ten or eleven, but she was actually twenty six. "It has come to our attention you were a 'thing' with this rogue witch, is that correct?"

"Yes Ma'am. But this was very long ago, before I met the princess, Miss." Sander grunted, tensing suddenly. I could feel his emotions drop suddenly like the descent of a roller coaster, fast and furious and I couldn't help but tighten my hold on his arm, trying to calm him down.

Tally quickly scribbled the new information down onto a notepad she held between her twinning tails. She had two purple tails, striped and fuzzy that acted independently. She preferred to be at a half morph from what I've heard from everyone else since I had never met her for longer than a few minutes, and that was at the ball my mother threw last year.

"Alright," She nodded and padded away to a group of a few others to inform them of the new information. The few around her became thoughtful and nodded quickly, a couple crinkling their eyebrows. Some extended input on what they thought, but over all I didn't bother to lend my hearing that far. I just hung onto Sanders arm, circulating the strength we were shared. It was very possible it was the only thing keeping either of us from having a nervous breakdown in front of everyone here right now.

"Aren't we supposed to be discussing plans about the Witch? Not having a damn play date?" I heard someone hiss from just behind my shoulder suddenly. "Who decided the princess was in charge anyway? She's a child!" I clenched my jaw, trying to ignore them. "She knows nothing about how we run things here anyway! She lived with humans  for years! Not along side us!" I turned, deciding I had enough of their shit-talking and tilted my head, smiling with as much venom as I did sugar at the two men who currently stood behind Sander, Sarah and I. They quickly grew pale as they realized I had overheard their completely rude and out of place commentary.

"We are gathering information about her my lords," I replied to them as I disengaged my arm from Sanders', clasping my hands in front of me, stepping over carefully, making sure my back was straight like a ruler, my footsteps evenly measured with the grace of a warrior and a princess. "We all have known her at one point in time so it is best to converse about the possibilities of where she may be hidden," My hair swayed as I tilted my head to the side, smiling at them still. "This, of course would be much easier, and more progress would be made if you two, were to say, I don't know, join the conversation and, apply some of your knowledge on how to run this meeting of course," Now I was standing right in front of them, their faces completely drained of blood. "Unless you are here to offer information, instead of criticizing my age and how I run a meeting such as this, you are very much so free to leave." I put as much power and emphasis as I could into 'leave', getting sick of all the bullshit.

They were both rigid, possibly from the fear I was placing in their minds, or from the realization that they had made a very grave mistake. But they quickly and stiffly folded over, bowing and quickly offering weak apologies. I just laughed quietly, gritting my teeth to keep from chewing them out farther on not having any manners when talking to a lady, let alone when you are in public and said lady can hear every word you are saying. But, being the Time Seeker she was and being able to stop a confrontation when it was needed,  Sarah glided over, her hands folded in front of her, a neutral expression gracing her Barbie like features.