Chapter 3

Woke up with a big puddle on my pillow, from the ice. I want to just lay in bed all day but, its a wednesday. The middle of the week.

After I got up and was dressed, i head downstairs. Looking at my mom passed out on the couch i had to be as quiet as possible, not to wake her.

Grabbing my phone, and keys. I head out to my car.

Looking in my car window, I was going to wear my hair up but the bruise would be way too noticeable if i did. Interrupting me well in my thoughts my phone started to vibrate. It was a text from Alexandria.

Alex: Where are you?

Zion: I'm omw now..

Alex: Ok, i'll be waiting by your locker.

A loud horn blasts at me as i hear brakes being slammed on. I must've ran a red light texting Alex. That horn blast really shook me up. I could've been killed. It's not like anyone would care anyway.

As I pulled up, I climbed out my car waving to a group of associates. I'm not really what you would call popular. But my personality, is just really compassionate and friendly.

Before getting to my locker some upperclassmen stop me to judge their outfits. They both look nice i guess.

I saw alex leaning up against my locker texting someone very interesting, she had a smile as big as the cat on alice in wonderland. Putting in my combination code i act as if i don't feel her green eyes staring at the bruise my mother gave me last night. I close my locker hooking my lock back in place she looked at me as if she was going to obviously say "what happened to your face zion?!" I held my hand up to her face, and shaking it slightly so she would get the hint not to ask. I guess she couldn't take a hint.

"Who do i need to beat up?!

I let out a weak laugh, "nobody alex"

"Mhmm .. you just say the word, and i'll pounce on em'..!"

The funny part is I know she would. Alex is not scared of anyone or anything. Thats why she's my bestfriend. I love her.

Walking down the hall saying hey to more associates we go to first period. Scanning the room as i walk in, I take my seat in the back. Alex following right behind me.

I rub my forehead looking at the desk, tracing with my finger where someone had carve a weird dragon in the desk. If anyone looked at me it had look like i was tired from lack of sleep. But truth of the matter was, i was tired of everything. I was so well off in my thoughts i didn't notice class had started.

Writing down the assignment on the board, someone knocked on the door. Mrs.Sample walked to answer it, and stayed there chatting a bit. Before i knew it, a new girl walked in. She was so beautiful. She had light brown hair, just like mine. But it was up in a cute little donut. I just was gawking at her beauty.

"Zion... zion.." Snapping me back in reality. Mrs.Sample pointing at me giving the new girl a little push on her back towards me.

"Raise your hand please. Jade that will be your seat for the rest of the year. Make friends with Zion, I promise she won't bite" she let out a soft chuckle.

I've never saw someone so beautiful. Let alone think about it so hard. Am I attracted to her? I mean i have a lot of pretty friends but none of them made me feel like she does. She makes me nervous, my hands all clammy. I didn't realize I was staring, before I heard a soft sweet voice.

"Zion right?" she said staring me dead in my eyes. Her eyes were hazel and so warm. They put me in a trance.

"Uh, ye.. yea" i hesitated not taking my eyes off her. She grinned this seductive, reaching out her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I reach for it and shake it, smiling. Before I said something the bell ring. her schedule was exactly like mine except for last period. I waved bye to alex, giggling my phone so she would know to text me.

The next two periods flew by with Jade. She is amazing. It was lunch time. We were on our way when some boys stopped jade to get her number. I don't know why that made me so mad.

Lunch seemed to go by pretty fast , and the rest of the day too.