one

| FRESH START |

| FRESH START |

"For the record, I had no idea you were interested in Seattle Grace Mercy West, Dr. Monroe. I'm truly honored."
"Well, I have to say, the atmosphere seems amazing."
"We would be extremely pleased if you chose to finish your residency with us, Genesis. You could do great things for this hospital."
"Can I see that paperwork?" I asked with a smile.

And that's how I started my residency at the finest hospital in the state of Washington, and in my opinion, the country. Through great persuasion.

As I walked out of the Chief's office, I heard plenty of whispers and noticed lots of stares.

"Woah. That's... Genesis Monroe."

"What's she doing here?"

"Smart with a pretty face."

"One of the greatest doctors. I've read about her in Health Weekly at least 7 times."

"She's the one who worked on that clinical trial for Ebola in Africa."

"You could stare at her all day."

Genuinely, I was flattered. But at the same time, it bothered me. I wanted a fresh start.

"Hi, I'm Christina Yang. I have an interest in cardio, and I know you do too, are you gonna start working here? Cause that would be totally awesome." A beautiful woman spoke quickly and clearly.

"I just filled out the paperwork." I smiled.

"Hi. Lexie Grey. Great to meet you. Do you have any surgeries scheduled recently?"

"Could you guys leave her alone? Hi, I'm Meredith Grey. The residents locker room is this way." She smiled and took my arm, leading me down the hall, and another woman added onto the group, following us.

"Okay, so uh, just get changed here and then find an attending who wants to take you on rounds, which shouldn't be too hard for you. Since you're Genesis Monroe and all. Have a great day! I'm April by the way. April Kepner."

"Thanks April." I smiled at the girl who spoke nervously with each word.

The locker room was completely empty for almost a minute until the door burst open.

"Oh my god! I'm so sor—"
"Ah! It's fine, it's fine. I'm in a sports bra." I said as soon as my heart slowed down a beat.

"I'm Jackson. Jackson Avery. You're new here, aren't you?" He had the whitest and brightest smile I'd ever seen, with ocean eyes that you could tell made lots of girls swoon in the past.

"Yeah, well I uh, gotta go. Rounds and stuff."

"Of course. I hope I'll see you around. What's your name? I didn't catch it."

"It's because I didn't throw it."

"Okay, Dr. Sarcastic. What's your name, please?"

"Genesis. Genesis Monroe."