Chapter 1/ August

Woah i really don't understand how life works? People die and live but what happens after? I have so many question but have no answers.

Alright let's get going Alicia. "You'll find your answers soon August."

Alicia was my best friend, i tell her almost everything (except one thing no one can know about that.)

We walked to our favorite ice cream booth "Stella's Cafe". We went in and sat down in the nearest table. It was very chilly , it's mid September and the temperatures start dropping here in Houston, Texas.

"What may i get for you two fine ladies?" "i'll get a mint chocolate chip cone please" " What about you Alicia" "I'll get a cookies and cream cone please" "Alright they'll be here soon"

After about 7 minutes the cones came. "Schools starting soon , our first day in 8th grade." Yea that sucks, i can't handle anymore days of school.

"Hey is that Tommy" OH MY GOD ALICIA GET UNDER THE TABLE NOW. All of a sudden we hear gunshots in the cafe. Alicia's crying her eyes out.

My vision is blurry from crying as i see the shooters hitting each person under the tables. Every step getting closer and closer. At this point i'm crying and panicking. I didn't wanna die i had so much to live for.

Suddenly they were at our table. "How old are y'all" "13" It comes out with my voice shaky and cracking up. He took us by our arms ,and forced us to get up. I was kicking and screaming telling him to stop. Instead it made it worse he called his friends to help and they shoved both of us in his van .

All I remember is someone hitting me on the side of my head and then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~sorry for the late edit* but I had some inspiration and I just needed to write.