Brain Stem & Cerebellum

This is not self made, I just copied this from google so that I don't have to compose it on my notebook.

I made this so that it will stay in my phone and also to share this with others for them to not have a hard time in making their own assignments. 

ENJOY!!

BRAIN STEM

The brainstem is the region of the brain that connects the cerebrumwith the spinal cord. It consists of the midbrain, medulla oblongata, and the pons. Motor and sensory neurons travel through the brainstem allowing for the relay of signals between the brain and the spinal cord. The brainstem coordinates motor control signals sent from the brain to the body. The brainstem also controls life supporting autonomic functions of the peripheral nervous system.

Function:

The brainstem controls several important functions of the body including:

Alertness

Arousal

Breathing

Blood Pressure

Digestion

Heart Rate

Other Autonomic Functions

Relays Information Between the Peripheral Nerves and Spinal Cord to the Upper Parts of the Brain

Location:

Directionally, the brainstem is located at the juncture of the cerebrum and the spinal column. It is anterior to the cerebellum.

CEREBELLUM

Cerebellum:

In Latin, the word cerebellum means little brain. The cerebellum is the area of the hindbrain that controls motor movement coordination, balance, equilibrium and muscle tone. Like thecerebral cortex, the cerebellum is comprised of white matter and a thin, outer layer of densely folded gray matter. The folded outer layer of the cerebellum (cerebellar cortex) has smaller and more compact folds than those of the cerebral cortex. The cerebellum contains hundreds of millions of neurons for processing data. It relays information between body muscles and areas of the cerebral cortex that are involved in motor control.

Function:

The cerebellum is involved in several functions of the body including:

Fine Movement Coordination

Balance and Equilibrium

Muscle Tone