Chapter Three

The Mental Asylum, 04:47 PM

"Are you alright?" Shanan asked in a soft voice but when she didn't get any response, she repeated the question a little louder. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Hmm." The girl responded quietly.

"I know you are upset. That's because you couldn't meet them right?"

"I'm fine."

"You don't have to lie to me you know!" Shanan snapped.

Both the girls went quiet for a while then they laughed lightly.

"Why don't you just contact them? Inform them that you are..." Shanan couldn't complete.

"Noooooo." The girl nearly shouted. "Don't. No way." Her voice was firm.

"Why?" Shanan asked helplessly, although she knew the answer already.

"You know the reason Shanan. You know me in and out more than the rest of the world." Her eyes behind the black large rimmed square glasses went moist.

Shanan stopped pushing the wheel chair, walked around to the front and sat down bending her knees in front of it. She held the girl's one hand with her right hand and removed some blond stray hairs that covered the girl's eyes or more like the specs with her left.

"Hey... don't. You know them, don't you? They loved you right? They will definitely help you. It won't have to be just the two of us." Shanan said removing the tears from the crying girl's cheeks and cupping it with her hands.

"They will do anything for me, I know. But I can't take the risk. I can't contact them."

"You don't have to. Let me contact them." Shanan nearly pleaded.

"Are you out of your mind? If they find out that you are not on their side, they will kill you in a heartbeat." The girl sounded outraged.

"I can't believe you are saying this! You are an agent for heaven's sake! If we don't take risk, how are we going to get out of this mess?" Shanan was also feeling restless.

"There is a time for everything. I'm absolutely not going to put you in any danger. I will contact my team as soon as possible. But it's not the right time. We need to know their whole plan first. They won't do anything to me yet. I am the source of money for them. Once we get to know about their whole plan, I will immediately contact my team I promise."

"It has to be really soon. Plus, we also need to work out a plan on how to contact them since they won't be coming back here anymore." Shanan said thoughtfully.

"That's right. The last two weeks were unbelievable. They even imprisoned you. I can understand why I wasn't allowed out or that I was constantly with at least one doctor and Jolly inside a locked cabin but they even made sure you couldn't see any of them."

"None of the bastards trusts me fully except Jacob for some reason. My every communication media is being watched. Even I'm being watched 24/7 by those creeps. They think I didn't notice it." Shanan gritted her teeth.

"I'm so sorry. It's entirely my fault." The girl sounded extremely sad.

"Don't be an idiot." Shanan squeezed her hand.

At the same time, Albert had walked away a little bit further from his team mates to attend his call. While talking on the phone, he turned to his right and saw a doctor kneeling in front of a wheel chair. He couldn't see the face of the patient. He looked away.

After he finished talking he saved the caller's number in his phone. While doing so, he found Rya's number on his contact list. He stared at the number. He had actually memorised the number by the amount of times he stared at it, often hoping he could get another chance to receive the last call he ignored on purpose without realising that he would regret the decision for the rest of his life.