Chapter 10: Dodgeball

Previously...

The only bit of information I like is that he sometimes brings his cat in to roam around the classroom. I can't wait to meet Mr. Whiskers... I know... Mr. Whiskers... Like who names their cat Mr. Whiskers other than a small child with little creativity. He's an English Teacher for goodness sake... Isn't he meant to know a plethora of words and names?

Anyways, since he was picked to be the highest English class's teacher, he couldn't be that bad... Hopefully...

Class finishes pretty quickly as I learn nothing once again. Although I dread what the next lesson is... Physical Ed. Also know as Gym...
_______________________________________

After changing my outfit into a plain shirt and shorts that the academy provides for sports. Thankfully the clothing is suitable for girls to play in, unlike other schools. I arrived later than everyone else as I had to come from a different building to them. I exit the girls change rooms into the Gym which has about 2-3 courts. I am welcomed with the sight of heaps of students lingering around waiting for the teacher. Everyone looks over to see if it is the teacher, only to see me before looking away. I scan the students faces trying to find any familiar ones, however before I could find anyone, someone calls out my name.

I look over in the direction to find Liv, Michelle, and Chase standing around over to the left of the massive herd of people. Once I reach their group, the doors open behind me causing everyone to look over once again to see if it is the teacher. Peyton and his friend Jason waltz in, inducing everyone to grow quiet instead. Michelle leans over and whispers in my ear. "It's abnormal for both of them to attend... Normally they skip this subject along with other subjects. The principal must be cracking down on them."

I notice Jason looking over in our direction before smirking and they start to head over in our direction. Suddenly, Rose rushes out and greets them dragging Peyton away towards her group of friends. Thinking they figured I was the one that tripped them, I silently thank Rose (which I would never have thought I would ever have to do) for dragging them away. After a while of talking, an arm suddenly links around Michelle's shoulders. Jason's face pops up out of the blue displaying a wide grin.

"What are you doing hanging out with these losers, Michi?" Jason remarks giving the rest of us a disgusted look. Michelle instantly throws his arm off of her shoulder and pushes him away. Surprised, I remain silent as I watch Jason and Michelle start arguing between themselves. Liv quickly explains to me that they were childhood friends as their rich parents are friends with each other. They are no longer close to each other as they started to hang out with different groups. He occasionally comes over to annoy her and never fails to make remarks about her hanging out with 'common' people.

"Where's your master, Stray mutt?" Michelle mutters in annoyance after a while of Jason teasing her. I'm guessing she's referring to Peyton as his master causing me to glance around wondering where he is, hoping that he's not conducting some sort of revenge on me for tripping them.

"He's in the grips of the 'thorn'... Actually! I heard that a new girl in her class referred to her as a thorn. It's such a great name for her, it fits so perfectly that I've started referring to her as a thorn as well." He exclaims excitedly, thrilled to share the news he found out.

"Well, that 'new girl' is actually Phoebe here. She's the one that came up with that nickname," Michelle explains, motioning towards me. Jason fixes his gaze on me and raises his hand. Thinking he might have figured out that the new girl rose referred with the barrier ability is also me, I hesitantly give him a questioning look.