HIS BABIES (12)

Brooke

The look of disappointment in the background on Jonah's face absolutely killed me inside but I can't redevelop my feelings towards him. And even if I did I'm not ready to go public about Jonah and I yet.

But he still has that spark in his eyes that draws me towards him. That tone of his voice, that just by hearing I'd drop everything just to hear it in person. All of the reasons I've ever loved him in the first place are flashing back to me and I honestly have no idea how to explain; I might be falling again.

"Are we going to the grove?" Corbyn asked interrupting the comfortable silence that echoed through the car. I nodded my head.

"Where to mom?" Logan asked playfully calling me mom.

"First of all, eyes on the road. And if I tell y'all where I want to go then you'll think I'm lame," I blushed. Not because I was embarrassed but because in the corner of my eye I could see Jonah interacting with Mia and Bella.

"We know you're lame already," Logan laughed dryly.

"Panera," I confidently said.

"Weirdo!" Brendan added from his place in the trunk of the car since we ran out of room.

"We let Zach have his own seat. We put the minorities in the back," I fired back playfully. There car filled with 'oh's' and 'she told you'.

"At least I'm not- wait never mind I don't wanna be too rude," Brendan said softer.

"No just say it. I can handle it. I'm not like you. I don't choke on my words," I sneered back.

"Oh really. I'm sure there's something else you'd choke on...cough cough," Brendan said looking at Jonah, causing the boys to laugh.

"Being a dick won't make yours any bigger sweetie,"

"I can't hear you. You'd get a lot further in life if your mouth opened as much as your legs do!" He smirked to himself. That was what hurt me a little bit. So I just sat there. Nobody laughed they just waited to see or hear my reaction but I didn't react.

"Man that was too far. She was just talking to me about this yesterday," Logan shook his head.

"You okay B?" Jonah asked placing his large hand on my bare shoulder. I just nodded but kept my mouth completely shut.

"No you're not," Logan argued.

"No, I'm completely fine. But that was a pretty good comeback and it actually somewhat hurt me so I'll give that to you, but I'm not gonna say what I actually want to say because I tend to get really defensive when I'm upset and I don't want anything I say or do to ruin our friendship." I said.

"Remember when that girl tried to flirt with me in school and you told her off?" Jonah laughed at the memory. I remember that very vividly. She had seen me and Jonah hand in hand in the hallway but asked for his number anyways.

"He's not interested," I said before he could answer.
"I don't remember asking you"
"And I don't remember him being interested in girls that smell like fish" I smiled.
"What are you his sister, you look like you're 12 so please, move a long."
"Just because I'm a bit shorter than you means nothing and no I'm not his sister, I'm his girlfriend," I said proudly.

"Yeah I remember, oh do you remember that time Eli and I were paired up for the parenting project instead of you and I so you begged the teacher to switch but he said no. So you insist that you chaperone every time we would meet up?" I laughed.

"Hey I'm very protective over what's mine," Jonah defended himself. I sighed. Back to that thought, the thought of me being his, the memory of just cuddling with Jonah in silence and breathing in his scent was enough to make me cry. "Hey!!whats wrong are you okay?" Jonah asked frantically using his thumbs to wipe the tears from under my eyes. I hadn't been full on crying, just 2 or 3 tears managed to escape my eyes.

"I'm fine. Everything is fine," I said more to myself after taking several deep breaths.