Bumping Into Him

*Jenna’s P.O.V

I just woke up and realized I have absloutely no coffee in my house whatsoever. Today was supposed to be the day I stay home and relax, but I needed coffee. I got dressed in something some what decent, and headed down to Starbucks. I’ve been working everyday at Chipotle. Its not where I want to work. I actually want be a vetrinarian. I’m in the process of finishing school for it. Today is the day that I didn’t have school or work, so I was quite excited. I made it to Starbucks, and of course there was a long line. I checked the time on my phone. It is currently 8:56 am. I usually don’t wake up this early on my lazy days. When I got to the counter to order my best friend, Paige was working the counter. I knew she worked here, but I didn’t know she was working today. “Oh hey Jenna. I thought you were off today.” She said. “Oh yeah. Well, funny thing I have no coffee in my house.” I replied. “Oh.” She said writing down my order. She knew what I order everytime. A few minutes later my coffee was ready. “Thanks Paige. I’ll call you later.” I said. I was planning to go back home and sit down on my couch and watch Netflix, but I decided to stay and sit. As I sat down I looked at everyone around me. I took a sip of my coffee, and pulled out my phone. There was a text from my mom.

Hey honey, I was making sure you were okay since I haven’t heard from you in a few days. If you have time call me please.

Even though I moved out almost two years ago, she’s still worried about me. Which is nice and all, but she shouldn’t have to call or text every hour just to make sure I’m okay. I’m almost twenty one now. I started scrolling through my news feed on facebook. It was all pointless stuff. My coffee started getting cold, so I didn’t bothering drinking the rest. I got up fast and ended up dumping the rest of my coffee on that person. I looked up to see Connor Franta. My face got hot and I could feel that I was blushing. “I’m so sorry.” I said looking at his shirt. “At least it wasn’t hot coffee.” He said smiling. His smile was the best thing about him. “Its typical I meet you this way.”

“What do you mean?” he asked. “I am one clumsy girl.”

“Accidents happen.”

“For me it happens all the time.” I replied. He laughed. “I like you-“

“Jenna” I said cutting him off. “Jenna. Let me give you my number. Maybe we can hang out sometime.” Connor said. I smiled, and handed my phone to him. He put his number in, and gave my phone back. “Hope to see you soon.” He said walking away. I threw my cup away, and started walking back to my apartment. Well, I’m glad I didn’t go back home and watch Netflix.

I made it home finally.