Chapter One

"Resha! Resha Snap out of it girl!  You need to focus right now!" Kye's voice sounded so scared and worried for me, but she was right I needed to
focus.

Paying more attention now, I simply nodded for loss of words.  I mean after seeing something like that happen right in front of you could scar someone for life.

"You good?", Kye asked as she gently patted my shoulder as a way to comfort me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I have been better though".

Satisfied with my answer, she began to leave jungle of a room. Before leaving she let me know that my mom was waiting to talk to me.

"Okay", I said rolling my eyes in annoyance at the thought of how this
talk is going to go.

"I'll call you after to fill you in on the details".

As I walked down the hallway I could faintly hear my mom whispering to someone, but who?  Who would she dare to bring over at a
time like this.

"Resha, honey, come on we need to discuss the case and make preparations for you by tomorrow".

"Wow!, no hi, how you doing to your own daughter?".

Pushing my sarcastic question aside, she proceeded to introducing me to the strange man standing in our living room. With the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face, she introduced him as Detective Kent.

Looking at him now I guess I should have known who he was when I first walked into the room. His vigorous body. The way he stood there with assertiveness written all over him. No wonder my mom is wearing that big ass smile on her face.

"Hello Resha, I'm Detective Kent, nice to meet you". 

"Yeah, you too".

"So, first things first, I have the documents that grants your protection and the house will be ready for you tomorrow Resha". 

Sighing in relief, "Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear".  "But Mom, what about you"?  "I mean I can't just..."

Better I could even finished what I was saying, Kent interrupted.  " I'm sorry Resha, but no one can know where you are.  Not even your mother".

Aggravated at what I just heard, I cursed him out in 5 different languages; in my head.  "Fine whatever!  What time should I be ready for tomorrow"?

"Well the departs at 8'O Clock, so be ready by 7'O Clock.  There will be a car waiting to take you to the airport".

"Okay, so is that it?  Just be ready to leave in the morning"?

"HELLO!" "Stop staring at my mom and answer"!

"Oh, yeah that's all for now.  So I'll you tomorrow".

**Hi, new writer here.  Please let Mr know what you think, so comment and vote.  I will update a new chapter every week.**