2.3

[third person]

it had been about two months since the kids got the idea of getting a dog, and now that's all they would talk about. even daniel was ecstatic about the idea of getting a dog, but elaina was still on the fence about it.

it was currently the week of christmas break, and elaina finally thought about it enough and decided that it would be the right thing to do for them to get a dog. except, she didn't tell them and was actually going to surprise them on christmas when they went to portland. she was actually calling anna right now to ask her if she could help

"hello?" elaina heard from the other line.

"hey anna, i need your help with something," elaina said.

"oh god, did you kill someone and you need me to help hide the body? oh god, i knew this day would come. did you kill daniel? i swear to god if you killed daniel," anna said, genuinely sounding scared that elaina killed daniel.

"what? no! i didn't kill daniel. i would never, ever kill daniel," elaina said, wanting to smack anna through the phone for ever thinking of that.

she heard some shuffling from the bathroom, until the door opened to reveal a soaking wet daniel, looking like he just got out of the shower. he didn't have any clothes on, if i may add.

"i heard something about killing me," daniel said.

"oh my god, daniel! no one's gonna kill you! put some clothes on. god!" elaina said, not knowing daniel was in the bathroom.

"it's not like you haven't seen this before," he said, winking and smirking at the same time.

"daniel, your sister is on the phone," elaina said, embarrassed. she got up from the bed and walked downstairs into daniel's office, knowing she could get a quiet phone call done in there.

"did daniel really come out naked?" anna asked, laughing, "then say, 'it's not like you haven't seen this before'?" she laughed even harder.

"yeah, he did," elaina huffed, "anyways, back on topic. so i wanted your help with something. so you probably know that daniel and the kids have been begging me nonstop for the past few months to get a fucking dog. i've figured out that they won't stop asking until i agree to get a dog, so i'm just giving in. since we're coming down to portland tomorrow for christmas, i wanted you to come with me to a shelter or something to pick out a dog to surprise them with."

"wait, you're finally gonna let them have a dog? daniel has been ranting to me forever about wanting a dog and how you don't want one," anna laughed.

"i know, i'm a buzzkill. i get it. so are you in to help me?" she asked.

"of course."

--

(lol timeskip to when they're picking out dogs because i don't know how many times i have to tell you, this book is a piece of garbage and i'm a trash author)

[elaina seavey]

"oh, what about this one?" anna asked me. i walked over to where she was pointing and shrugged. it was a large antolian shepherd. yes, it was adorable, but it wasn't the type of dog i'd be comfortable running around my house all day. in fact, i wasn't really interested in any of the dogs that were in the shelter, except for one. it appeared to be a baby boston terrier. the second i saw it, i fell in love with it and knew that it was the one.

"anna, i want this one," i said, calling her over to where i was. she walked over and gushed once she saw it.

"this is definitely the one. let me go get the manager and we can sign the papers," anna said. i smiled and nodded, carefully opening the cage and letting the small dog run to me. she was so adorable and small, and i already loved her so much.

a few minutes later, anna walked back with the adoption forms and i filled them out as quickly as i could, which took about fifteen minutes. once i was done, i handed the papers and my credit card to anna, who handed them to the manager. the manager thanked me, before letting me take the dog with me. 

once we got in the car, we decided to go to pet smart to get everything we needed.

they're going to be so excited.

a/n:

this chapter is shit 

i'm sorry

i don't know what is wrong with my writing and this book, i just feel like it's going downhill

if you want to read a decent book by me, go read my book called 'addicted'

i'm actually really proud of it

okay, i'm leaving now.

CHOW CHOW CHICKEES