Shadow To My Love

When I drove back home from work, I made sure to drive down Hailey's street. Maybe, just maybe I could see her again. I'm really stupid for not asking for her number, but it felt wrong to ask her because it would make me seem like some sort of player, which I really don't want to be.

I spotted her car in the driveway, but the door was closed. No Hailey.

I was kind of disappointed, but there's always tomorrow. Maybe she'll stop by my station again, or I could go ring the doorbell...

"Alex, what the hell are you thinking. That's creepy, just go home," I thought.

3:38 p.m.

I yelled to let Alan know I was home, but then heard a door shut and multiple footsteps.

I turned around and noticed the sock on the front door.

Oops. Alan has a girl over.

I covered my mouth, trying not to giggle.

"Sorry bro!" I yelled.

I tried my best not to laugh and make the least amount of noise possible walking up the stairs to my bedroom. I heard various thuds. I almost threw up at the image my brain imagined.

I shut my bedroom door behind me.

Finally, peace and quiet.

I sat down on my bed and took off my shirt and stupid pants. I put on some sweatpants and grabbed my computer.

I tried searching up "Hailey". It's not me being creepy; I'm just curious if she's some criminal or serial killer. It's important to know these things.

To my relief, nothing came up. I searched "Hailey California". Nothing again. I typed "Hailey Los Angeles", and a few results came up. She's apparently a big deal in the soccer world, and was here on scholarship from Hawaii. The website tagged her Instagram, which I of course clicked on. It brought me to her page, and in her bio it said "17. Living the LA lyfe 📸". So.. she must've graduated early and came here for college. Her Instagram feed was messy, but in a perfect kind of way. Her profile picture was of her looking out towards a purple and red sunset.

Hailey's instagram had pictures of her going to old friends parties, a prom, and a few photos of seashells and going to the beach with friends.

The first picture was one of her crying as her friends and what looked to be her family were hugging her goodbye at the airport. They all signed this poster and gave it to her. Then, at the very last slide of the post, there was a video of her kissing some boy. I felt my heart drop down to my stomach.

She has a boyfriend..

But then I saw that he was tagged in the post. I clicked the tag, and I was brought to another page,"chrisssyboi", which had posted a story. I clicked on his story and the image he posted said something about being single and that he has never been happier.

I pumped my fists in excitement. She was single! This is my chance, I can ask for her number. But... should I follow her? Well, probably not. She might get freaked out. Maybe when I actually talk to her. But.. baby steps, you know?

Disclaimer : Smutt 

Later on that night, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I locked my door, went to my desk and sat in my rolling chair. I pulled up a revealing picture of her in a bikini, and slightly pulled down my sweatpants. I imagined her, and her perfect full pink lips. I imagined her kissing me, holding me and rocking my bed with every roll of her hips. I imagined her voice, what it would feel like to run my hands through her hair, what it would feel like to kiss her. I wanted her right then and there, and the butterflies I felt in my stomach finally gave way.

≡≡≡≡≡≡

I think I'm in love with someone I barely know.

≫ To Be Continued ≪