2

I counted down the days left for me to meet the cast of Mom's movie, until there were no more days left to count.

I was more nervous than excited because I never planned on coming. I also didn't know what to wear, and I was too lazy to buy something. I looked up and down my walk-in closet, trying to piece together an outfit that would be appropriate for going on a movie set.

A hoodie? No. Skinny jeans? Too uncomfortable. Leggings? Too cold outside to wear them. Shorts? They don't look too great on me..

I almost lost all hope before Mom knocked on my door. "May I come in?"

"Yep."

Mom walked in with Gucci bags in one hand, and bags crammed with shoe boxes in the other.

"What's all this?" I asked, pointing to the bags.

"It's what you're going to wear today!" Mom said with a grin.

I looked skeptically at the bags.
"Won't I look douchey if I wear designer brands like that?" I said, peering into the bags and seeing them filled to the brim with shoes, sweaters, shirts, jeans, and belts. I gave Mom a confused glance, indicating that I will need assistance with creating a decent outfit using only Gucci, Forever 21 and Louis Vuitton.

We spent a great deal of time mixing and matching, and putting on the outfits was a pain in the ass. But we pulled through, and I thought I looked douchey in my outfit, since it was easy to tell because of the fancy logo. Nonetheless Mom told me I looked stunning, but I didn't think so.

We got inside the car and Mom revved up the engine. We were on our way, and I could already feel my stomach do backflips and cartweels as we drove onto a highway.

-Time Skip-

I nervously opened the passenger seat door and stepped out. My hands were starting to sweat so much that I had to use a tissue to wipe them clean.

I followed my mother inside a big building filled with people. I saw security at the main doors, and the co-directors sitting in black director chairs talking, hunched over a pile of papers in hand. Mom asked a lady with a clipboard in her hand, and a headset strapped to her head where the main actors were, and the lady pointed to the middle and biggest area in the entire building, the main set.

I looked over to where she was pointing, and I saw three kids having fun with each other, laughing, high-fiving and such. I immediately regretted my desicion because I just got swarmed with unnecessary amounts of anxiety. I quickly took out my phone and played a song from my playlist after I plugged in a pair of ear buds. I was standing there, listening to the song Six Feet Under by The Weeknd, when Mom nudged me.

"Go on."

I nodded and slowly made my way towards them. I noticed Levi immediately, Storm second, and Rowan third. As I was walking, I kept thinking of how to introduce myself, when I realized that I've made it to them alreadly. I quickly muted my song before I tried to smile and wave at them.

Storm spoke first, "Hi, I'm Storm!" She said while she waved back. I felt a little more comfortable now, but it still didn't remove all the anxiety.

"I'm Rowan." Rowan replied, also while waving back. I hesitantly looked at Levi, and saw him grinning wide, "And I'm Levi, nice to meet you." He said while also returning my wave.

I already know who you are, Levi. I thought quickly, but I told them my name, and I replied to him with "Likewise."

I knew every hobby and interest Levi had, and the same for the others too, since I wanted to get along with them as fast as I can.

I played into their likes and interests, partially lying at times, but it helped them like me more.

It's sort of like a test, you study them, and then you use your knowledge on them to befriend them. If you become friends, you pass. If you don't, you fail.

"You're really cool." Storm told me after I informed them I was the daughter Ava DuVernay. "Your mom is  a movie director, you are really smart. I bet you're super talented" Storm smiled at me before adding something else. "You're really pretty too."

I was taken aback by the compliment because nobody else other than Mom, the babysitter, and the tutor ever compliment me. I also didn't take a good look in the mirror after Mom picked my clothes, so I assumed the outfit looked great in general, but horrendous on me. I was wearing a leather jacket over a red and green Gucci shirt and Louis Vuitton belt with a pair of acid washed skinny jeans.

I returned the compliment but I didn't thank her for it, I just knew it wasn't true. I sat next to Levi and Rowan and we all talked with each other like some sort of friend group before they had to go to their dressing rooms to get ready for filming.

I sat there, looking at the empty spot to my left, where Levi sat before. I pulled my knees up to my chest and thought about how hard I was falling for him. I subconsciously played some more songs by The Weeknd, and they were songs that included a form of love ; breakups, cheating, falling for someone, never having a real relationship and such. I sat there and kept listening and listening until I felt a tap on my right shoulder.