Chapter Eleven (edited)

A/n: I am through with exams. Yay!!! Congratulate me guys!!!

What do you want to do after lectures today?" Dominic asked behind him.

They were currently standing in line outside the registration office.

He was here to ask for extension as was directed by his head of department while Dominic was here to register his.

"I don't know." He answered.

This made Dominic smile, like he was expecting that answer. "Well there is this new cafe that just opened, a lot of our students hang out there, they said its…uh…cool? Why don't we hang out there?"

Jayden cracked a smile. His friend was always looking for opportunities for them to hang out together but unfortunately his 'master' Scott wouldn't allow that, not that he had seen the bastard ever since that incident, and he doesn't wish to.

All he cared about now was to concentrate on his study and look for ways to pay the guy back. Scott just wanted trouble, that was why he turned the small accident with his shirt into a major thing.

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

For now, he has to survive, and he still needed money even if it was fifty bucks half a month. So he dared not to piss off Scott. For now.

"Dominic…you know I can't right? Scott's still around…"

"Yeah...and unfortunately still alive." Dominic grumbled bitterly.

Jayden smiled in amusement. "What? Were you planning on killing him?" Because if you were, I would really appreciate it.

Dominic face twisted and before he could open his mouth to answer, the intercom buzzed and they heard a voice call out for the next person.

He breathed out.

"That's you." Dominic confirmed and tapped his shoulder.

He nodded and quickly walked inside the office. The first thing he noticed was the dropped air in the office.

It was damn cold.

The office was quite big but he could only see two tables and two people occupying each. One middle aged man and the other a younger man. They both sported a blank face as they look at him expectantly.

"Well what are you standing there for?" The old man snapped.

Jayden heart nearly flew out of his chest due to nervousness. What the hell was he supposed to say? That he wasn't here for course registration but for extension? They would quickly brush him aside and chase him out immediately.

"I…I am here to ask for…for extension…" he started slowly and sure enough, their blank expression did not falter. It could be that they didn't take him seriously so he brought out his Hod's letter to show them. "This is my Hod's letter, he said.."

The old man grunted and waved him to the side. "Get away from the door." and spoke into the intercom."Next person."

Jayden mouth hanged open in surprise. What a rude old man!

"Get over here." The other man said just as the door opened to reveal the next person, Dominic, who gave him a side glance before walking towards the old man's desk.

He walked toward the man and contemplated whether to sit down or not.

He was saved from thinking hard when the man gestured with his hands for him to sit.

He slowly sank into the chair, his bag resting on his laps as his legs shook in nervousness, hopefully, they would grant his request.

The clicking sound of the keyboard been punched crossed his ears as the man searched for his data.