xlvi. BAD BLOOD

***

"Where am I? What happened?" Mitsuki asked himself. Flashbacks of when he entered Sage Mode came back to him. He remembered seeing Haruko right next to Boruto and the peril Boruto was in with one of the Otsutsuki. "Boruto!" He stared at his arm, which was bandaged and had an IV stabbed into him. He snatched it out and lifted his blanket. He attempted to run out, but all the energy from his body seemed to have drain right out. He fell face flat on the floor. "Haruko..."

"Mitsuki?" Sarada whispered, slowly opening the door. She gasped as she saw the boy struggling on the floor. "Hey, what are you doing?!"

"Sarada . . . where's Boruto?!" Mitsuki asked, obviously worried about his blond friend.

Being the amazing person she is, Sarada smiled a comforting smile. "It's all right. Lord Seventh protected Boruto and the others. Haruko is doing just fine as well."

Mitsuki stayed shock for a while before his face turned into his usual smile. "I see . . . thank goodness."

"Come on, get back in bed!" Sarada scolded, laughing slightly. Only the dumb couldn't see how adorable Mitsuki was when he was worried, especially when he's clueless about what was happening, which was rare. She lifted him onto his bed. "But Lord Seventh was kidnapped by those guys..."

"What?!"

"So right now, my dad and the Five Kage have gone to rescue him. Boruto went with them."

The worried expression came back to Mitsuki. "Boruto too?"

"Yes. He snapped out of his depression just like that, and went with them."

Mitsuki chuckled. "That's so like him."

Sarada smiled, remembering when Boruto and her dad left to go save them. "He'll be okay, right? My dad and the Five Kage are with him. He'll come home safely, right?"

"He'll be okay. After all, Boruto is my sun."

"I knew you were going to say that.". Sarada scratched the back of her head. She laughed. "You're right! All right, you were in critical condition. You have to stay in bed a rest."

"Yeah, I feel like all my energy is drained," Mitsuki agreed. As Sarada lifted his legs up and tucked him in, Mitsuki remembered one other thing. "Hey, where's Haruko? Did she go with them too?"

"No, she's asleep. I found her in the girls bathroom asleep. The nurses say that the medicine they gave her must have came in late and instantly," Sarada smirked. "You two make a really cute couple, y'know."

Mitsuki chuckled slightly. "You think?"

Sarada winked. "Yeah, heard from Inojin you were the first thing that came into her mind. It's cute how you two communicate."

"It's similar to you and Boruto."

"No way!" Sarada shouted, pink blush on her face and the reflection of her glasses covered her eyes. She lightly smacked the boy's forehead with her finger before stepping towards the door. "I'll go call Shizune for you and see if Haruko's awake."

"Okay." The door closed and left Mitsuki with his thoughts. "Boruto . . . you're amazing, after all."

–•–