Chapter 3

Lisa's POV

"No way, did he actually say that?" Cassie exclaimed. I fiddled with the cafateria food nervously. "Yeah, but I don't know if I want to go meet him". "What! you have been waiting for this moment for basically 5 years!" Sadie yelled.

"Yeah I know, but doesn't it seem sort of suspicous? I mean, hes so popular and cool, and I'm-" "Don't you dare say that you aren't worth as much as he does, because you are more precious and valuable than any gem in the entire world, and you better start thinking that way or else I will make you, and you don't want that".

"...I was just gonna say that I was a nerd"

"Oh...well that doesn't matter either! I mean think about it, Cinderella and the prince lived happily ever after, and she was practically a slave!"

"That's a fairytale, this is real life. There's no happily ever after, or a perfect life." I mumbled sadly

"Cinderella didn't have a perfect life, and neither do you. So you go meet Luke and you will see what he has to say." Cassie demanded.

I sighed and nodded my head. There was no point in trying to fight these two stubborn women.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My stomach churns and twists as I walked to the parking lot. Looking around, I spotted Luke leaning against his shiny white corvette. His friends conversing and joking with each other. Stephanie and some other girls stood next to his friends. My heart raced as I slowly began to walk over towards them.

People immediately began to whisper to one another, questioning why I was walking to the schools bad boy. I pushed my glasses up my nose and hung my head low, fear causing my heart to palpitate.

"You wanted to see me?" I smiled. Luke's eyes drifted towards mine, a small smirk stretched into his lips. "So, you have a crush on me, huh?"

Instantaneously my cheeks bursted into flames, my voice stuttering spewed out, "w-well, umm, I mean I k-kind of-f." "What was that?"

Swallowing up my shame, I spoke boldly, " yes, I do l-like you". His friends laughed loudly and even Luke couldn't hold in a chuckle. "You know, it's really adorable how someone like you could ever think that you would end up with me. Quite amusing, actually."

I stared at him with wide eyes, my body shaking. "Look at her! She really thought Luke was gonna confess!" Jake, a close friend of Luke, exclaimed. I quickly caster my eyes down to the ground, my hands clasped together as my nails dig into them.

Stephanie wrapped her arms around Luke's arm. "Next time you try anything, this is gonna be the least embarrassing thing that's gonna happen to you", she sneered.

Backing away, I quickly bolted off the school grounds. Tears streamed down my red face from embarrassment. When I turned back I noticed Carter looking at me, regret in his eyes.

Why? Why didn't he help me? Was he that embarrassed about me? Traitor.

I ran. I ran until legs gave out and I fell onto the rough patchy ground. I lasted there for what seemed like hours.

When I had finished my sob fest, I finally looked around to gather my surroundings. In front of me was a small pond and a large area of flowers, though they seemed almost threatening from their sharp thorns.

A lovely scent drifted throughout the air and I nearly hum at the pleasant smell.

The pond was void of any sort of life form. In a way it sort of represented how I felt. Empty, alone.

And those damn flowers, so beautiful, but at any chance they wouldn't hesitate to draw blood, to cut into you without any remorse.

After sitting there for a few minutes, I decided that it was time to head home. With an aching body I stood up.

————————————————————————

Sorry for the late update, I haven't really been feeling motivated to update this story much. It's a possibility that I might discontinue this story, but as for now I'll keep writing. I'll probably take around 3-5 to update a new chapter, maybe 1-2 if I'm feeling extra motivated. As always though, message me if any mistakes were found.