Chapter 6: Will

"Ava's House of Gowns, this is Ava" I spoke cheerfully. I was not ready for the voice on the other line "Ava-" I instantly cut him off, Dale that is. "Dale don't call my job" my tone automatically changed. "You won't answer my calls, it goes straight to voicemail, like come on" my thoughts started, that's because your blocked, duh! That's what you get fool. I could tell that he sounded sorry but I wasn't falling for it. Even though he wasn't my man, I was hurt, I could've got an excuse or something but I got nothing. Even though that was our official first date, it was a hell of a way to show that he cared. I just hung up on him. I real deal had feelings for this man, but I didn't want to show him that I do. If he wants me, then he'll show me. Until then operation move. Show and tell baby.

We were at Tonys house watching a movie on his couches. When I say we I'm talking about Jewel and her guy Tony, Will and I. We were having a good time, we had our wine glasses and the guys had their beers. We had popcorn and just being corny during this scary movie we were watching. Now Will was light skinned with waves. He was tall and toned. His eyes were hazel green, gorgeous! We hung out often with Jewel and her guy friend Tony. We hung out that much I noticed I liked the subtle he gets on his face when it's time for a hair cut, I thought it was the most sexiest thing, rugged. He had a tattoo sleeve on his left arm but worked for corporate America, I thought he was a really great guy we will see where this goes.

The movie was over and Jewel and Tony were out on his deck in the hot tub. It was just August and the sun was going down it was really pretty. His deck over looked the city, the view was breath taking. Meanwhile Will and I caught up on the couch.

"Every time I see you, you got on something new big baller" Will said to me. I smiled, laughed and hit him while saying, "that's not true, but shopping is my release, you should hand me over that black card you got" I said. Will immediately laughed and said "when I get it, you get it" I smiled at thought. We changed topics and started talking about our childhoods, I learned he like playing basketball and that was his dream to be in the NBA but messed up his chances by getting hurt in college. I told him about the boring childhood that I had but smiled and shared some happy moments about my grandmother. After that he was down to take a trip to take me to her and for him to meet her. I thought that was sweet. We ended up changing clothes and getting in the hot tub with Jewel and Tony. But as soon as we get in they started to get out.

"Soon as we get comfortable, you guys get out" I said to Jewel and Tony. "Right did y'all pee in the water?" Will said instigating. "We been out here awhile, we gonna take a shower and get ready for tonight" Jewel said. I laughed because I caught her WE gonna take a shower moment, freak, I thought to myself. Tonight Tony got us in V.I.P to one of the most exclusive clubs. Plus I hadn't partied in awhile, and after 3 months of my shop being opened I think this is an official way to celebrate!

"Come here" Will grabbed me to come close to him in the hot tub. I can admit I was feeling him. "This is so relaxing" I said enjoying the moment. "Every time I'm around you, you make me feel some type of way" he said looking at me. "Really? I mean I enjoy your company" I said to him blushing. "I enjoy yours too, I may have to cuff you" he said licking his lips and grabbing my hands trying to act out what he said and I couldn't do nothing but laugh. "Don't get my hair wet crazy" I said laughing at him but so serious. "Black women and their hair" he said shaking his head. "It's a process" i responded talking about my hair. The thing about Will, he's laid back and I loved it. He kissed my cheek sweetly out of know where and I couldn't do nothing but smile. I felt like we were in high school it was kind of funny. We eventually got out the hot tub and took individual showers, took our selfies for Instagram "Jewel come on, take it over" I said, gave her back the phone and posed several times. The guys shook their heads at us. After like 15 pictures we left headed to the club.

"You cute" Will said to me in my ear at club. I was vibing to the music. I had a drink in my hand and So I responded to him to what the Dj was playing. "They don't have no awards for that" singing the song back in Will's here in reference to me in response to his compliment. We were in our own zone by then. Everybody was vibing to Drake's Trophies when I look across the room and I see Dale.