1

"MOMMY! MOMMY, I CAN'T BREATH!" I shouted at the top my lungs, hoping that Mommy and Daddy heard me. Things had gone black after that but I could still hear sounds.

              "D.D." I heard Mom force the door open and pick me up. I could feel my body moving up and down as the cold air rushed over me.

              I could hear Dad starting the truck and Mom opening the door. As she set me down she got in and picked me back up into her warm arms. Her hand was on my neck as if she was trying to find my pulse.

              "We need to go to the hospital, I'm losing her pulse. Why is her condition worsening? The doctors said this wouldn't happen till she's eight but she's four," my mother asked my father, but he didn't answer.

               "You know we can't live like this anymore Mary. You know we'll have to call him eventually - and I know it's risky but it's our only hope for D.D to survive." he told my mom. I felt something wet fall onto my chest, then I heard her sobbing very heavily.

                I didn't know what they were talking about, but I didn't like it. I just laid there trying to keep my heart beating as long as I could. I didn't know if I was going to survive , but I was going to try. Minutes past and we were finally at the hospital, I could feel someone trying to take me away from my mother but she wouldn't let me go. "You are not taking my baby away from me!" she shouted at I'm guessing the nurse. I could feel her arms wrap just a tad tighter around me. I knew I was going to die sooner or later but, I can't just each coming in and out of hospitals.

                "Ma'am, please if you want us save your daughter's life you need to let us help her." the nurse told her. I could feel her arms loosen, I could feel myself being handed to the nurse.