chapter two

this morning i woke up and showered. i straightened my light brown hair and left it down.

i put on some mascara, lip gloss and highlight. i wore some gold bracelets and a necklace that had a gold heart. i also wore golden earrings.

and don't forget my outfit: i wore a black shirt skirt and a red button up that was rolled up to my elbows. my black heels crossed over my feet and they were went just above my ankles.

i looked good. really good. i never look good.

i grabbed my stuff and went down to the apartment complex parking lot and put the stuff in my car.

my nerves grew as i started thinking, what if i do horrible? what if he hates me?

i tried to remain calm and took a deep breath.

when i parked in the parking lot of his company building, i was left speechless.

the building was slim and narrow, yet tall and painted dark. i gulped.

walking in, i was greeted by a lady at a front desk.

"do you need anything?" the lady furrowed her eyebrows, her cold blue eyes filled with fierceness.

"i'm mr. dolan's new assistant." i speak up, not letting this girl get to me.

"he could've done better." she smirked, making me want to smack that bitch across the face.

"so you're saying that i'm not good enough?"

"no, i'm saying that his last assistant actually knew how to dress."

"you're not so good yourself. girls like you are what people always see as a 'good' impression. of course, blue eyes and blonde hair. it never changes." i snapped back at her, making her gasp.

"you bitch!" she cat yelled, making me want to cringe.

"awh, i'm sorry. did i say something rude-" i was cut off by a deep voice.

"that's enough, miss adkins. you wouldn't want to be fired on your first day." the voice startled me, making my face become a complete tomato.

"of course, mr. dolan." he snaps his fingers and points down a hallway, signaling me to walk down there.

i stopped walking when i found myself lost and he stepped in front of me and opened a door.

"come in, miss adkins." he walked in and rolled up his sleeves, making the veins pop out under his forearm.

he walked around in a circle around his desk, then stood in front of me, looking down at me with cold, dark eyes.

"do you know what kind of example you've set already for my assistant?" his voice came out low, and raspy.

"yes, mr. dolan, i do." i said looking down at the wood tile floor, making him growl.

"i really think you don't." his index finger hooked onto the bottom of my chin and made me look into his eyes.

i  hated looking in his eyes. yesterday they were full of life and happiness. today his eyes are dark and cold, full of power.

okay, i'll admit, i didn't hate his eyes. they were absolutely gorgeous. the light brown with some flecks of green were stunning. when i look into them, i get lost in them.

his eyes were fixed upon my lips, licking his own. he looked back up to my eyes, making his eyebrows furrow.

"no," he muttered, pulling his hand back and looking away from me. "no."

after i saw what he did there, it made me wonder, who hurt him?

"what's wrong, mr. dolan?" my bottom lip was torn in between my teeth, chewing on it slightly.

"oh, brooke," grayson's eyes look back up to mine,  now fulfilled with still dark colors of the brown in his eye, and the green around his pupil was shining. "don't you ever bite your lip."

"why not?" i asked, curious to know why he could just say something so controlling like he said it: casually.

"you don't want to know why. now, let me take you to your office." his eyes brightened up a bit, making me think that he must have something in him, that makes him like this.

grayson walked out of his office door and waited for me to walk out, then closed the door behind me carefully.

grayson's footsteps were quite loud, making him seem like he wasn't affected by everyone's stares when he walked down the hall.

"this is your office. i didn't know how you liked it, so i had carter design it." grayson stated.

"who's carter?" i asked.

"someone who works here. she works down stairs on the second floor." grayson assured me.

"now we are going to set some ground rules." grayson had a small grin on his face.

"rule number one, if my door is closed, then do not come in. i have it closed for some unknown reasons that do not involve you." he says as he licks the inside of his right cheek.

"rule number two, never, and i mean never, start anything with your co-workers. i see that you already started something with mariah." grayson raised an eyebrow at me and i looked down.

so her name is mariah.

"i'm sorry, she was just being a real bitch and-"

"i know, brooke, i heard the whole thing." grayson chuckled as he cut me off.

"then why didn't you do anything about it?" i crossed my arms, furrowing my eyebrows.

"because i wanted to see if you would stay calm and collected or let her get to you." grayson also crossed his arms as he looked down at me.

"but as i was saying the rules, another rule is that you cannot associate with any workers here." grayson said and i almost freaked out. but i kept my place, and remained calm.

"fine, anything else?"

"oh yeah, last rule." grayson breaks the distance between us having being dangerously close, his breath hitting my face. "never bite your lip."

hey babies! sorry that this chapter really sucked, it gets better later (hopefully).
you're beautiful. i love you!
stay safe precious sisters
- e <3