I am Mano

July 17, 1993 – one of the most unforgettable dates for Romulo A. Eusebio and his wife, Ma. Teresa S. Lagamon. They were happy just because Teresa gave birth to their cutest son. A baby boy weighing 4kgs and has the loudest cry in the land.  Romano Lagamon Eusebio is the name of that cute baby. And that is me.

My friends used to call me Mano. Though some of them are making fun of it, I love it. I love that name. I feel that calling me by my nickname makes me feel closer to my friends.

Well, I am living in the world of Love, Laughter and Pressure.

Of all these years, I had the freedom to explore the land to satisfy my curiosity about all the unexplained things in this world.

I grew up in a simple family. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers, before. Yes before. Our eldest died 4 years ago due to heart failure.  She contributed great things to me as well as to my family. She is the best “ate”. So I lost half of my life when she died. But I learned how to accept things like that in the process. However, in that case, she is still in our hearts.

God made me a jolly human being who can make my love ones smile even with my not-so-good jokes. I don’t know, I just want to see them smiling. Having them in my life is the greatest gift I ever had.  I can cheer my friends up. I can easily get hurt but I do not show that. I don’t want to be the problem of others.

I am very happy to have lots of friends. I hate being alone but sometimes I do so. Just to reflect with the things around me.

I am like a parrot.  I love talking. I love sharing my thoughts, my ideas, my feelings and my smiles. I can have a non-stop talking with my friends, but not with my family. When it comes to them, I am like a bipolar; sometimes quiet, sometimes not. I’m not used to share my life with them, which I find unfair. So I’m doing some efforts to play my role to them.

I’m pursuing my Bachelor’s degree in Journalism in Polytechnic University of the Philippines.

I am the only one in our family who had been privileged enough to continue college up to the present year. Thanks to my aunt who never get tired of helping me from the very start. So I have to prove that I am worthy of her help. Sometimes financial problems arise, not to mention personal and family problems, by which I would like to keep for my own privacy. But I am doing my best to balance everything in my life despite of all the pressures. Pressure of being a student, a son, a friend, a brother, and as a person.

I’m not that good when it comes in writing. I don’t have any experience of making poems and novels like my colleagues usually do. But I am proud to say that even though I’m not the best writer, at least, I am the best listener.

Yes, Best Listener. I am proud of that. I can listen to anyone having a trouble with their life. Though I also have my own problems, I will lend my ears to someone who needs it. That’s the least thing that I can do as their friend.

I’m not an anime lover but I have this addiction in Naruto. I’m treating him as one of my inspirations in life. “Don’t give up” is what I learned to that man. He is the man of will, of guts, of fighting spirit and a man of optimism. He is always looking at the brighter side of life.

I love reading fictional books. Sounds smart? No. That is actually my way of escaping this life of mine that is full of

pressures. Those superheroes with superpowers make me imagine that life will be easier if we all have superpowers.

I love singing; I started doing this passion when I was in first year high school. I started singing in church when I was 15. Since then, serving God is my life.  Though doing that thing requires sacrifices, giving up is not in my plan. I will serve Him until this life of mine ends.

I have dreams. And I will reach them. I know God have purposes why this life I have is like this. I will not stop chasing those dreams.