Letting Go...

It seems all of these words couldn't be futher from the truth.  How did I get here? What should I do?                                                                                                                                                  

Your eyes telling me lies, Making me find myself.  While you have you agenda, a life to pursue.

 My mother once told me that if I loved something so much, I should set them free. Well that "something" is my long time girlfriend, Katie Rose. We've been best friends since kindergarten and lovers since we were sophomores.                                                        

Yes, you could say our love will last for eternity. Sadly, you are very wrong. Katie had always wanted to be the "Next Big Thing" in the music industry while I didn't even know what the hell to do with my life. She has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard and she is a master at playing the guitar. I convinced her to make a YouTube account and to show her talent to the world in eight grade. She posted video of herself singing an original song and she became, what I like to call, 'YouTube Famous'. By Graduation Day, she was called by a man from a record company called 'Atlantic Records'. He said that she would be offered a hundred thousand dollar contract and a free first class plane ride to 'The Big Apple'. For some odd reason she claimed that she needed time to think about it. She would come up with ridiculous excuses like, "I would miss living in Florida." or "I have a phobia of planes." but I know the truth. And it's not pretty.

So please, let me be free from you. And please, let me be free. I can face the truth.

 I am holding Katie back from her dream.

I'm blind to all of your colors  that used to be rainbows in my eyes.  Where did they go to?  Why disappear?

It's hard to be all alone , I  never got through your disguise. I guess I'll just go and face all of my fears.

My biggest fear ever is losing Katie. I don't want to say goodbye but, I must... for her sake.Her beautiful bright eyes turned dull. She claimed that she just wasn't feeling very well and I was too dense to see through her. It's going to hurt me but, I need to let her go.

 So please, let me be free from you.  And please let me be free,  I can face the truth. 

Put down your world, just for one night. Pick me again.

 I grabbed my house phone from the docking station and dialed her number. The selfish side of me didn't want me to press the 'TALK' button. The selfless side was stronger though and pressed it. While I was waiting for her to pick up, I thought of all the moments we shared. The kissing, the hugging, the walks we would take to the docks in the summer, the endless conversations; all of that would soon be turned into memories.

So please, let me be free from you.                                                                                                                                      

"Hey Scott, what's up?" Oh God, I am going to miss that angelic voice.

And please,                                                                                                                                                             

"Katie, we need to talk."

let me be free.

"About what, babe?"

I can face the truth.

"Here goes nothing."

(A.N.): I'm really sorry if it sucks xD. I haven't wrote in a while and I wrote this late at night. 

\(^-^)\ Sweet dreams everyone. (Also I don't own the song.)