Which love to choose pt. 2.

"Eewh I thought you were my date. " I put my purse down then went into the kitchen.

"Oh so this is what Nicki meant ."

"What are you talking about ?" I opened a bag of oreos. Man I hope these don't stain my teeth I thought."

"At the graduation. She told me you couldn't come because of some dance. And I was like it betta be hella immportant for her not to be here. Then Nikki was like you were going to prom. Your mom was like 'Oh yeah'. I asked her if you had a date and she was like she didn't think so because you and Kevin broke up. So I came to make sure." My mom had a big mouth . Why did she tell Jamal about Kevin ?

"Why would it matter to you if I had a date or not ?" I came out into the living room to see him holding a corsage in his hand. My mouth dropped. "Aawh you got that for me ? " He didn't say anything. I took the corsage from him hand then placed it on the table. Before I knew it, I kissed him on the cheek and whispered thank you. He took my hands then held them.

"You know what that means right ? "

"What, the kiss ? It was on the cheek. That doesn't mean anything." I started blushing. Boy it was getting hot.

"No the corsage. It means you belong to someone so there's no need for you to be with another dude." I heard his words but my brain wasn't registering them .

"So who do I belong to ?" I asked.

"Stop playin."

"I'm serious. I really don't know. Jamal tell me. Who do I belong to ? "

"Close your eyes then ." he said. And so I did. I could hear him fumbling with the corsage. I felt him put it on my wrist and then he did it. He kissed me and it felt as if hell had frozen over. What I had been waiting for, for 10 years. A kiss never felt so sweet. I put my arms around his neck then kissed him back, long and anxiously. He walked me to the couch, our lips never seperating. We fell down on the couch (me on top of him) . His fingers traced the curves of my body. I reached for his shirt. Then the doorbell rang. I almost had his shirt off, exposing his rock hard abs, when it rang again. "Damn." he said, then sat up.

"Who is it?" I yelled

"It's Mama and Nicki." Oh shit.

"Hold on a sec Nic." I straightened out my dress then opened then door.

"Oooohh Neemah you look just like a princess. Isn't she pretty Jamal."

"Yeah she's beautiful." I blushed.

"What took you so long ? " my mother asked.

"I was still getting ready ."

"Jamal?" she said.

"Yes ma'am."

"Your mother is looking for you. The party is about to start."

"Okay." he said.

"What are you doing here anyways?"

"Uhm momma he came to give me a corsage because he thought I didn't have a date."

"Aaawh, Neemah isn't that sweet. Jamal you're such a gentleman. " Nicki started laughin . " What's so funny sweetheart ?" my mom asked.

"Jamal's lips look just like Neemah's." Oh no, she did it. Now my mom was gonna know what we were really doing. I was in so much trouble.

"Ya'll betta had not been in here drinking all of my cherry Kool- aid." Jamal busted out laughing.

"Sorry Ms.Denise, we're guilty. You know I just love your Kool-aid." Whew that was close. I took this as my chance to escape.

"Momma, Imma go finish putting on my make-up."

" Hurry up then. Didn't you have to be at Tasha's house by 7. It's almost 6:30." I went up upstairs fixed my lipstick, adjusted my hair and was ready to go. When I got back downstairs, Kevin had arrived.

"Oh my Lord. Kevin ? I haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing ? Are you Neemah's date ? "

"Yes."

"And here I was thinking Neemah was going alone I didn't even know. You two just wait let me go get my camera."

"Fine ma but hurry up." After she took pictures of me and Kevin and then Jamal took pictures of me, Nicki, and my mom it was time to leave. I gave my mom a hug, then Nicki, then last Jamal. Our hug lingered for a while before he said "Remember you belong to me. Don't be dancin with no other dudes." I don't know how he expected me to do that since it was prom and prom was a dance but I agreed. I followed Kevin to his car and we left. During the car ride, Kevin asked why I already had a corsage . I told him Jamal thought I didn't have a date so he bought me one and it would've been rude to throw it a way, since my did tell him I was going alone. When we were dating Kevin never liked Jamal, he thought there was something going on between us. Kevin just said 'oh'. And frankly I didn't care if he believed me. Finally I had gotten Jamal.