Chapter 1- Home Sad Home

I never thought I'd come back to my house because of a funeral. I thought the next time was going to be Christmas, which is just 2 weeks away.

I walk inside of my room, everything is left just the way I left it when I was last here. I grew up here in Australia and moved away when I turned 18. I now live in England, I look around my light blue room. It's crazy how much things have now changed. Right on top of my bed is is a picture of me and my best friend. Luke, God I really hope he's not going to be here.

I walk downstairs as people start flooding in shaking my hand, giving me a hug, telling me how sorry they are. I wish a sorry could fix everything.

It's insane when people pass away, all you're left with is memories, and you think about the last conversation you had with the person, and you just wish you said "I love you" or "I care about you" or anything that shows how much you actually care about that person, but now that they're gone, there is literally nothing in this world you can do to speak to them again, get to hug them again, or to say how sorry you are for all the times you've made them cry.

I talk to a few people until I see Liz. Liz is Lukes mom, she is literally my second mom, she is the most caring person in this world, and I don't think I've even heard her say one bad word, she's literally incredible.

She wraps her arms around me tightly as I do the same around her.
"I'm so so sorry April, I can't describe to you, how much I've loved your mom, she was such an incredible person, and I really don't know why she got taken away so young, just know she is very proud of you. I promise you that" she wipes a tear away from her face hugging me even tighter.

My mom and Liz have been friends since they were born, and they live right beside each other, friendships like that really aren't just in movies.

"Thank you Liz, I'm really glad you're here, I just wish I was here more often, I was always just so cought up in work, but I'm going to stay here in Australia for a good while, I feel like it will be better for me." I smile letting go of her.

"That's great, we will see more of you", she smiles taking my hand, "if you need anything I'm next door love, I'll talk to you later" she smiles walking out.

About an hour passes and everyone has left, I never thought this day would come, my mom never even got see her grandkids or anything. I clean up all of the snacks that were lying around just to hear the door open once more, I really can't deal with anymore people, I look towards the door, just to see Michael , Ashton , Calum and Luke of course.

I grew up with Luke since we were babies just like my mom and Liz. In highschool we met the rest of the boys, they created a band and started YouTube. I would be there in every band practice, and support Luke and the boys no matter what. But as they got more famous, we kinda didn't hang out as often, me and Luke weren't just friends we had a bit of a thing going and everyone always knew we liked each other, and one day I went to his house to talk just to find out they've left, all of them, without a bye, without telling me anything. They boys would text me, and send me birthday gifts, Luke did send me birthday gifts too, but he would never text me, or give me an explanation to why they left, after a while Luke completely forgot about me, I'd still get the rare "how are you doing" from all the other boys but nothing more, and then after they got very big, I'd see them on the TV and on magazines but it's like I never existed. I neve bothered contacting them because I just knew I would get nothing back.