The confession

When my last class on thursday was finally over, I walked to the parking lot. Taylor and Kaitlyn were already waiting for me in the car and I sat down in the back. We talked about some random things before the car stopped in front of Kaitlyn’s house. Kaitlyn stepped out of the car and I opened my door as well. Taylor looked at me and I could see the question in her eyes. 

’Kaitlyn asked me to hang out,’ I explained to her, ’See you tomorrow.’

I closed the car door and saw the hurt in Taylor’s eyes before she smiled again. 

’Okay have fun,’ she said before she drove away. I felt guilty, but lost that feeling when Kaitlyn asked me to come inside. Since we lived close, our houses looked quite the same from the outside. The inside however couldn’t be more different than my house. In my house everything was white and clean. Pretty boring actually, but my parents liked it that way. In Kaitlyn’s house everything was colorful and cozy. I couldn’t stop looking around and Kaitlyn seemed to get uncomfortable because of it.

’I know it’s busy here, but it’s nice when you’re used to it...’ she said shyly.

’Oh it looks amazing!’ I replied with a smile, ’I wish my house looked like this.’ After I said that, Kaitlyn seemed to relax. She poured us soda and grabbed some food. She placed everything on a tray and walked to the stairs. I followed her to her room, which was as colorful as the rest of the house. We both sat down on her bed and took a sip of our drinks. I put my glass down and started walking through her room while I was watching all the photos and art on the colorful walls.

’Why did you actually move?’ I asked, because I hadn’t heard the reason yet. 

’I, eh, got bullied on my last school,’ Kaitlyn answered and I turned around, ’being bisexual is apparently a reason to get bullied.’ Kaitlyn now stood beside me and her arm brushed against mine. She looked me in the eye and for a moment we both were silent. I blushed and quickly picked up my bag.

’I... I have to go,’ I said while I walked through the door. I didn’t look back. Not even when I heard the pain in Kaitlyn’s voice when she called my name. I walked through the front door when I got tugged back. Kaithlyn held my arm and I turned around.

’Mor, please...’ She said while I saw tears in her eyes.

’Don’t call me Mor,’ I said sharply, too sharply, ’And don’t touch me.’ I pulled my arm back and walked quickly to my house. Again there was no one home and when I looked into my mirror I saw tears sliding over my cheeks. I let myself fall on my bed and thought about what just happened. I panicked, that’s what happened. Because in that moment I realized I’m gay. I realized that I like Kaitlyn more than just a friend. I realized that I have to accept myself for who I am, because I just like girls and that’s okay. There appeared a faint smile on my face when I knew I had finally accepted myself. 

That smile quickly disappeared when I checked my phone. No messages of Kaitlyn, of course not. I did have a message from Taylor.

Having fun with Kaitlyn? Didn’t you bother to invite me as well..?

I swiped away my tears and called Taylor.

’Hi, how’s Kaitlyn’s house?’ Taylor started.

’Can you please come over?’ I asked while my voice broke. It was silent for a moment when Taylor replied.

’I’ll be there in five.’