Lost souls

Zeros perspective.

It was a cold winter night, I was about to go to sleep when my twin brother called out to me “I can’t sleep, he said, can I sleep with you’ I smiled and carried him over to my bed. I was about to lie down next to him then I remembered” Ichiru you haven’t had your medicine yet. I was about to get up and get it but he grabbed my arm and said” don’t worry about I’m sure I can last one night without it” I sighed and hopped back into bed with him he was so frail and weak but I loved him dearly.

Later that night I woke up to find Ichiru up at the widow, it was snowing the snow looked like bright shiny crystals against the glass Then I saw it in the tree in the distance there was a woman then she noticed us staring at her. I felt a rush of panic flow over me” Ichiru I said that woman she is a vampire”. He rushed outside I followed him cautiously. Why are you crying he asked she answered with same question Ichiru had not realised it but he also had begun crying I grabbed ichiru’s hand and began to lead him inside she is a vampire I said again, Ichiru wiped his tears and said how is how is that you could sense a vampire even before I could you knew even before you saw her clearly I’m so weak he sobbed he hugged me tightly its ok I said I will protect you.

The next day passed in a blur that night we were all sound asleep and then we heard shattering of glass and  I found my parents dead on the floor in a pool of blood and the vampire shizuka Hio standing over them her kimono blood stained and in her hand she held o long golden sword I screamed  I told Ichiru to run then she grabbed him let him go I screamed but she just took him away with her  of a sudden she had me In her grasp I felt her fangs pierce my neck I felt faint I was seeing double next minute I collapsed tears ran down my cold pale cheeks as my eyes closed and I fainted.

I woke up I was cold I sat up I was in bed but this wasn’t my room. Then I felt a rush of pain come over me I was covered in blood had I been asleep all this time I thought to myself ah your awake I heard a voice just outside the door it didn’t sound familiar how are you feeling I’m ok I said who are you my name is Kaien cross the man said I stared at him confused you are at cross academy I stared at him startled I’d like you to meet my daughter yuki I saw a little girl come around the door what’s wrong with he she said its ok yuki this is Zero kiryu he will be staying with us from now can you show him to the bathroom to get him cleaned up.” I have to sort some things out with the police I will be back soon” ok she said well the bathroom is this way the tub is already go to hot water in it its ok come on I was silent I could find my words she led me to the bathroom she didn’t look very much older than me but I still didn’t say anything I just stood there in front of her she took off my shirt and wiped my wound gently. Then she led my into the lounge room it was snowing outside I stared out the window and froze what was this this winter day it looked familiar what was happening I let the thought wash over me I stood there for a while worried then the I went back over to the lounge and sat down are you ok it was the little girl she come over and sat next to me you look worried she said are you ok I panicked for a bit then I said I’m fine I just thought I saw something. I went up to my room what does this mean a cold winter night is someone trying to tell me something I fell back on my bed and I lay there in silence until I fell asleep. I wonder that strange feeling I felt has winter got something to do with my past.