The Angel's Sacrifice

"Harry? Harry, it's me,Gwen-"

"Get away from me! You're not Gwen! You're a monster-"

Footsteps interrupted whatever he was going to say as he scooted away, but I desperately grabbed at his hand.

"Don't touch me!" He screamed and roughly yanked his hand from my grasp. I felt an arm around my waist as I was pulled away from him. He wouldn't stop screaming. I felt the tears prick in my eyes, but I couldn't stop them. I couldn't do anything except stare at Harry.

"Gwen, come on, you're making him worse-"

"No! I love him!" I choked on a sob and crumpled in Britney's arms,"I love him," I whispered. She pulled me into her arms and I fell apart, my sentences incoherent.

"I love him..." Those were the only words I could say. Harry's scream was background noise. All I could hear was my pulse in my throat.

Britney pulled me from the room and somehow managed to get me into mine. She sat me on the bed as I collapsed against her.

"Lynn, it's gonna be alright," She whispered as she rubbed my back.

"No. He hates me now. They all do. It's my fault. It's all my fault-"

"Don't you dare. This isn't your fault. You were possessed, Gwen. Your body wasn't yours to control. Deep down, they all know that. You just really scared them. You were hunting them, you killed Mitchie. But that wasn't you. They know who you are, Lynn, they know you would never hurt them."

My sobs had slowed to a meager shake as tears rolled down my cheeks. "But Harry hates me."

B rolled her eyes, "He'll come around. He's just scared out of his wits."

"Thanks, B."

"Sure thing. So..... How'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Save him?" She asked. "He was dead for a long time. Suddenly, he's back to life screaming. How'd you do it?"

I didn't look at her right away. I didn't know what to answer. I don't even know how it happened, "I don't know," I finally replied as I looked up to meet her eyes. She narrowed them at me suspiciously and for a minute, it was like she wasn't Britney.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! I don't know. He was dead, I thought he was dead..." I had killed him. He wasn't breathing. His heart wasn't beating. His hands that were once so warm in mine were stone cold.

"He was."

I jumped at the sound of a new voice, gruff and male, and looked up to see Reth standing before us, covered in blood. He looked horrible, to say the least. I couldn't even tell who's blood was who's.

"Reth?" I asked as he took a step but swayed. I knew he was at danger of collapsing, traveling here and his wounds had emptied him of strength. I stood up and caught him as I helped him over to the bed, him wincing with each motion but trying to be strong. He sat down and put his face in his hands. It was almost as if he couldn't meet my eyes.

"This is... This is Reth?" Britney asked, a bit too curious, but I didn't have time to think about that. I nodded and she inhaled sharply.

"Reth, what happened?" I whispered as I crouched down in front of him. That was all I actually could ask. I had so many questions, but I knew Reth understood what I meant with just this one.

"You told me to save him... I did." He grunted, not looking up from his hands. His voice sounded raw and sandpapery.

"What? How?" I knew I had insisted he do something... but everything comes at a price. What must it have costed him to do this?