Children of El

Disclaimer: Elsword belongs to KOG. I own nothing.

A/N: I want to give a huge thanks to justforfum from EFB for the proofread!

It's been awhile, but here is the second chapter!

-----

9 years later, in a secluded clearing in the woodlands...

"Harnier, try it, again. Like I said, focus on lessening the amount of much energy you're using. Concentrate."

"Yes, Pa." Harnier placed her hands' side by side, opening her palms. She followed up with her arm extended out to a wooden dummy at the front. In seconds, a bright aquamarine colored aura surrounded her hands and compressed together to form a light-pulsing sphere. However, her arms began to shake as she struggled to hold back more energy from seeping into the orb. Despite her efforts, it quickly doubled in size. In a panic, the girl released her hold on the sphere and sent it flying straight at the target.

The condensed el energy exploded upon impact, obliterating everything from the dummy's torso up and snapping the remainder of the target's body in half.

Harnier lowered her head, ashamed of another failure.

"Sorry, I couldn't do it..." she sadly muttered, "Should I just... give up?"

Mr. Ardlet patted his daughter on the head. "Controlling your powers is one thing, but you can't give up yet. Trial and error are a part of life after all." he smiled proudly. "Besides, this tells me that you're gifted with immense El energy. I want you to embrace it as second nature, Harnier. I didn't have the easiest time when I was your age either, but in due time, you will get the hang of it."

The compliment made the girl feel slightly better. "What about brother?" she asked.

In response, the father simply sighed. "His laziness won't be his only problem if he doesn't change his ways soon. Anyway, are you ready to try again?"

Harnier nodded. Noting her brother absence in training day, yet again...

-----

On the edge of the woodlands stood a prosperous hamlet called Loel Village. Within an expansive forested mountain range, the village stood out to any weary eyed traveler with its high wooden fences that walled its exterior. With its Dutch Colonial style of housing and warm climate, Loel has a delightful atmosphere.

At the village's central square was a gray-haired adolescent playing his ukulele on a wooden bench. He appeared to be street performing as indicated by the metal can laying in front of him. He was dressed in a standard long-sleeved shirt, unbuttoned at the top for a more casual look, which complimented his long pants. He wore a sleek vest with five buttons and a very narrow v-line, giving onlookers a clear view of the boy's shirt that he wore under it. One noticeable accessory on him is the gem-embedded silver necklace that hung around his neck.

While some people were minding their own business, there were a few who stuck around to watch him. His song started slow and serene, drawing the crowd with its inviting sense of peace. But the young musician was not afraid to up the tempo as the music shifted completely in both tone and rhythm as it became livelier and more spirited. This sudden change caught the attention of more patrons, who slowly started to gather around him in a circle. Some are even clapping along to the exuberant music.

"Wow, he's skilled!"

"Is this a new song? Either way, it's pretty good."

"Hey, he's kinda cute. Don't you think?"

When his performance ended with a fiery note, it was met with encore from the audience. The boy looked at his rewards inside the can; 14 bronze, 10 silver, 6 gold ED coins, and... a heart-shaped candy. Must be from an admirer. When the crowd dispersed, he glanced up at the sky, realizing that was already getting dark.