The Prophecy

I gasped. "Both of us?" I shivered, unsure what to even think.

Scorpius gulped. "Yes," he said hesitantly.

"And what exactly does this prophecy say?" I asked him nervously. Not daring to look at him, I focused my attention on a fraying gray thread of the couch I was sitting on.

"It... it's not exactly obvious, really. I don't fully understand it. When I first heard it I was thoroughly confused. I think you may know more than I, though."

My heart was beating heavily. "But what does it say?" I asked. Images of gruesome murders and terrifying battles shot through my mind.

"I- let me just show you." He reached into a patched brown bag I hadn't noticed before. Something I wouldn't have expected to see accompanying a Malfoy. Out of it he pulled a shining, glowing sphere. The prophecy itself.

As soon as he touched it, it began to turn a swirly dark shade of black. A voice was emitted from it, saying in a thunderous voice, "There is only one way to completely destroy the powers of the Dark Lord, and that is to use the youngest Malfoy and the female child of The Boy Who Lived. Only one must go on to complete this task, but neither can ultimately reach this goal without the other. Only when they truly know what connects them will the doors of the place be opened and their true destiny be revealed."