How to develop self esteem

Our self esteem is instilled in us during our outh. Being constantly criticised by family, friends, and society tends to slowly strip us of our feelings of self worth. Out low self esteem stops us of our self confidence to make even the smallest of decision. Improving your self esteem increases you confidence an is a first step towards finding happiness and a better life.

DRESS NICELY.

No one is more conscious of your physical appearance then you are. When you don't look good, it changes the way you carry your self and interact with others. This doesn't mean you need to spend a lot on clothes. One great rule is 'spend twice as much, buy half as much'. Rather then buying a bunch of cheap clothing, buy half as much but high quality items. Expensive clothes wear out less easily and stay in style longer then cheap clothes. Find things that you like and in return, you will like the way you look.

HAVE GOOD HYGINE.

Take care of your personal appearance. In most cases, significant improvements can be made by bathing and shaving frequently, wearing clean clothes and brushing your teeth twice a day.

PRACTISE GOOD POSTURES.

Peope with slumped shoulders and lethargic movement display a lack of self confidence. They often are unenthusiastic and don't consider themselves important. By practising good pasture, you'll automatically feel more confident. Stand up straight, keep you head up, and make eye contact. You'll make a positive impression on others and instantly feel more alert and empowered.

GIVE BACK TO OTHERS

Volunteer someplace in your community. If you stop thinking about yourself and concentrate on the contribution you're making to the rest of the world, you won't worry as much about your own flaws. This will increase your self esteem.