Chapter 1

An unexpected meeting

It was sophomore year, there I met him. In the side bench cheering for his team. Of course, I hated him back then, our school were rivals, always has been and forever will be. I was only second year at that time but my loyalty for my school is overwhelming, it is my dream school after all.

" They're good , " a friend of mine said.

" They are, " I agreed.

Well, I can't deny it, the team's great. And so is ours.

" Go, go tigers go! " they cheered.

"Lions! Lions! The best! Fight, fight, fight! " We cheered back.

Everyone screamed, waving their banners. No one wants to lose not even in cheering. The sound of the drums feels like the whole stadium is rumbling. It is so amazing and a great feeling to be here.

Honestly, I am not a sport person. I just have a feeling that I need to support my school, and besides I hate that school. Especially their ego, how annoying.

Now, I can hear their booing since our team is losing. How annoying, I don't care how many times I said it but I'm going to said it. How annoying.

After the battle, that we lost. We decided to just went straight home, my friend who's an avid fan of the sport and has a crush on one of the players feels devastated. I don't have a choice.

As I wait in the terminal, I saw him again. The guy I saw back in the stadium, the one that is cheering for his team. The one in the side bench. Wondering how I was able to know those kind of things? Even I don't know, feels like his the only one I saw back there. The only one I noticed.

I was shock when he looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back.

He knew it because of our shirts, red and blue. I came from his rival school. It's embarrassing. I became anxious we are on the same terminal, meaning we are from the same place? I decided to look the other way and so I will not meet his gaze.

Then the fx came, I'm finally saved.

Or so I thought.

He is sitting beside me. In the front seat.

Awkward.

Two hours of awkwardness.

" Hi," he said.

" Hi," I smiled awkwardly.

" So, you are studying from Liria College , " he said, wanting to have a conversation.

" Yeah, and you are from Sta. Ana College , " I said bitterly, our team lose because of them anyway and I will not forget that.

" Your team they're good, " he looked at me smiling.

" I know but we lose, " I looked at him bitterly.

" We are the best, " he answered laughing.

" Yeah, yeah. Be careful next time, " I said. He only laughs as I said that.

" You shouldn't be mad at me. I'm not a player, I'm just an spectator , " I nodded.

" You're right, " I agreed.

" So now, we can friends right? " he asked.

" Friends? " I got shocked of course. We are from rival schools, it is sort of weird.

" Yeah, being rival in school doesn't mean the students are rivals with each other, " he explained, so I nodded. It's good to have friends afterall.

And we talked. And talked. For two hours.

I realized that we have so many differences. But it's okay we are just friends and it's good to have a friend that is so different from you, it's fun.

It is going to be fun.

" I'm Leo " he said extending his hand.

" Andrea " I said, as I shake his hands.

It's going to be fun.

That's what I thought.

Reading this, you might think it is such a cliché love story. But it is not. Looking back now, I wish it really is a cliché love story where two people who went to rival school, then fall in love. Live a happy ever after. Unfortunately it is not, for my story is real. And not a fantasy.

END OF CHAPTER 1.