Changes (Marianas Trench / Carly Rae Jepsen Fanfic)

Ch. 1: Oh, the Single Life 

-Josh’s POV-

“Shhh…” Matt whispered as we were sneaking out of the room to get something to eat.

“Is the café even open at this hour?” I questioned.

“I don’t know all I know is that I need to feed my food baby.” he chuckled.

We’re staying in this hotel called “Courtyard”. It’s 3:00 AM and only me and Matt were up. The band is currently touring with Carly and her band. It’s been pretty fun so far.

“FOOOOOD.” Matt growled in the elevator.

“Dude, you cant be that hungry!” I said trying not to laugh.

“My stomach needs to be fed, Ramsay.” he said seriously.

We entered the lobby and ran to the café. The sign read “24 hours café”. We were only in tanks tops and boxers so the lady looked at us funny. Matt ordered a burrito and we sat down at a small round table. 

“You alright?” Matt asked me as he took a bite of his burrito.

“What do you mean?” I mumbled knowing what this was leading into.

“You know…about your break up with Amanda…” 

“Yeah, I mean…Still think ‘bout it but ya know…Things happen for a reason, right?”

I recently broke up with my ex, Amanda. We were together for a long time, actually. But we were constantly fighting. I do kinda miss her, though. That’s the thing though, when you’re a travelling musician, it’s hard to spend time with loved ones. I mean, the guys are great…always supportive and everything but…I don’t know, it’s hard to explain. By now Matt was going on about how we were going to have loads of fun with the “single life”.

“…….and we could go to the bar and go clubbing and show off our dance moves! C’mon, Josh! Just like the high school years!”

-Matt’s POV-

I really wanted Josh to feel better. Whenever he thinks people aren’t looking he doesn’t seem very happy. It’s like he’s faking smiles. I think it’s about his break up with Amanda. I don’t wanna see him like this so I’m trying to cheer him up. Lately I’ve doing all these crazy things to remind him of how good the single life is. Tonight I wanted to remind him of when we were teens, just going on these cool adventures, being besties and all. I miss those days. Ever since we got big the band’s kinda grown apart.

“I dunno, Matt…You’ve seen my moves.” he said raising his eyebrows.

“And you’ve seen mine!We‘ll look like fools, together!” I said with my mouth full.

“How ‘bout after this tour?”

“No. We gotta cheer you uuuuuuuuuup!” 

“But right now, we gotta get back to the room. Mike might wake up and start to worry.

“Fine but tomorrow after the show…you, me, a club, some pretty gals-“

”Just because you used the word gals, I’m not going.” he said before he started running towards the elevator. 

I chased after him and started going on about all the perks of the single life again.

-Ian’s POV-

Where the fuck did Matt and Josh wander off to? Matt was probably too scared to go somewhere alone I guess. It’s a quarter to 4. Why the hell am I up? I went to the mini fridge to get something to drink.