Chapter 2: The Questions

I began with one simple word. "Why?"

He looked at me with confusion and I repeated myself a little louder. "Why?!"

"Honey. Why what?" He asked.

"Look I have grown up you don't have the right to call me honey. You haven't been with me for 6 years and then you just guess we are all lovey dovey when I finally do see you. Well we're not. And what happened to you calling me? Did you forget about that too? I sat at my window everyday waiting for that call. I cried myself to sleep because of you. And you think I still love you? Well you are 100% wrong. I stopped loving you, when you stopped caring. So you can write that down on your little shopping list. Because this day forward I'm something you wish you had." Then I walked off and I saw him with tears in his eyes. Not a day goes by that I regret what I said. The way he was upset was how I was every fathers day and every time I heard my friends talking about their dad. Then my phone vibrated and I had a text message from him saying "I'm sorry." and I felt my eyes water and I didn't know what to do. So I cried. Right in the middle of the supermarket with tons of people looking at me and thinking I was crazy. But I wasn't crazy... I was hurt.