Perfect

"Come on. Let's go and see what's going on."

Sally pulled me with her towards the crowd that had gathered in front of the H&M store. As we approached the spot, I heard a static male voice say, "Does anyone want to sing another song?"

A few hands went up and the man chose a girl with beautiful blonde hair. She offered him a million dollar smile and ran towards the microphone. Taking the microphone in hand she said, "Thank you Jay. Hi I'm Jessica and I would like to sing Back To December by Taylor Swift today."

Saying that she looked back at the man named Jay, who was speaking till a few minutes earlier but was now positioned behind the Yamaha keyboard. Jay nodded and Jessica started. As the song approached the chorus, Sally and many more joined in.

As I looked around with a smile on my face, I could see some crying while others were smiling sadly while singing along with Jessica. As Jessica's song came to an end, a thunderous round of applause went around the crowd accompanied by some random hooting and shouts of "Once More".

Jay walked out from behind the keyboard and approached Jessica who bowed at the audience and then handed the microphone back to Jay. "That was beautiful Jessica. Thank you for that beautiful cover of Taylor's song."

"Is there anyone else who would like to sing something?"

Suddenly, I felt warm breath tickling my ears. "Trisha, why don't you sing something?"

I turned around to face Sally who was trying to be heard over the murmur of the crowd. "No I'm not that good", was my modest answer since I was not that confident with my singing voice.

"Go on. No one will judge you", but before I could refuse further, Sally had already pushed me towards Jay. "Hey Jay! Trisha here will do it. She is an amazing singer."

The whole thing happened so quickly. The next thing I knew, I was already holding a microphone and looking around the crowd, dumbstruck. There were so many hopeful eyes looking towards me. I looked at Sally who encouraged me with a "You can do it" gesture. I looked back at Jay who was also looking at me hopefully. Suddenly, I felt a surge of confidence grip me. I turned back to the crowd and spoke.

"Hi- Hello everyone." I ended with a wave and looked down. Taking a deep breath, I looked up and continued, "I am Trisha. I would like to sing Perfect by Ed Sheeran, if it's okay with Jay?" saying that I looked back at Jay who hooted and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and as the first chords were being played, I said, "You can join in if you want."

"Yeah there is a spare mic on the table there. Help yourself." Jay shouted out loudly and continued playing.

I found a love, for me

Darling just dive right in

And follow my lead

Well I found a girl,

beautiful and sweet 

I never knew you were the someone 

waiting for me

I look around to see someone walk out of the crowd and towards the spare microphone.

'Cause we were just kids when we-'

And then he joined in with his beautiful voice too.

'fell in love'