02; barely

My alarm clock beeped until I rolled over and pressed snooze. Normally I would try to sleep in as much as possible, but it was the first day of school, so I wanted to look nice.

I went to my dresser and brushed out my straight brown hair. I opened the drawers and scanned my clothes.

After a lot of contemplation, I decided on some loose denim shorts and a rainbow striped shirt. As it pulled my hair into two dutch braids, I heard tapping at my window. Richie was on the other side, throwing rocks.

"What's up?" I asked, propping my elbows on the window frame.

"Do you want a ride to school?" He asked.

"Yeah. Meet you in 10." I said before shutting my window. Shit, I'm gonna be late. I ran down the stairs jumping past the last three.

I opened the fridge to find it almost empty. My mom hadn't had time to go to the shops and my dad was working all last week. I grabbed a banana and some Cheerios before shoveling the food into my mouth.

I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth before heading out the door. As I walked out, Richie was opening his broken down trucks door.

"H-Hey." He smiled walking towards me.

"Hi." I smiled kicking my feet on the ground.

He walked to the other side of the car I opened my door. We both plopped our bags into the back seat and he drove off.

After about 5 minutes, I could tell Richie got his license from a cereal box.

"Richie! That's the third curb you've hit!" I scolded as I grabbing onto the dashboard.

"Whatever. You're alive right?" He smirked.

"Barely." I muttered. We finally made it to school and he showed me where my first class would be.

"We still have time, want to meet my friends?" He said as we walked down the busy halls.

"Sure." I smiled as he went down a hallway.

/////

"Hey guys. This is Iris. She's my new neighbor." Richie said to his group of friends as he lightly hit my shoulder.

"And this is Beverly, Bill, Stan, Mike, and Ben." He said pointing around the group. I awkwardly waved at them.

It's obvious that they've known each other a while. I don't think I'll fit in here.

As they began to reminisce on the good old days, the first bell rang. I walked away from the group, only to be stopped by Richie a second later.

"Need me to walk you to class?" He asked. He was a sweet boy. When he wasn't being a total perv.

"I'm gonna try on my own this time, thanks though." I smiled and walked off. My eyes darted between the room numbers and my schedule.

Before I ran into someone. A tall guy with a mullet; gross.

"Oh! I'm sorry." I bashfully said as I bent down and collected my books. When I got back up his face was centimeters away from mine.

"It's okay, darling." He whispered in my ear as he grabbed onto one of my braids lightly. I couldn't move, I was completely stuck to the ground. I kept my gaze forward and ignored what he was saying.

"How does that sound?" He smirked. I snapped out of my daze and stepped away from him.

"What?" I asked.

"Coming to my house tonight. Drinks, movies, maybe more." He said stepping closer to me and grabbing my waist.

"Um, I'm actually good." I said breaking away from him. He growled and pulled me closer to him, planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek. Somehow, a crowd had formed and did nothing.

"You know you want to." He smirked leaving more kisses move my neck. Finally, I had enough.

"Get the fuck off me!" I yelled bringing my knee to his crotch. He toppled over and let go of me.

I whipped his drool off my neck and picked up my books before leaving the hallway.

/////

I scanned the lunch room for Richie and his friends, avoiding eye contact with that mullet kid. Soon, Richie stood up and waved me over.

"Hey. What are you guys talking about?" I asked sitting next to Richie.

"Some girl kicked Henry's ass." Stan said.

"Who's Henry?" I asked in between eating my fries.

"Senior, total perv, has a criminal record, mullet asshole." Beverly said.

"Yeah, I guess he was sucking on her neck like a vampire and she had enough." Bill shrugged.

"That was in your hallway; did you see anything?" Richie asked turning to me.

"Oh, that thing? It was me." I simply said. The groups mouths hung open.

"You beat up Henry?" Mike asked.

"Not beat up. I kicked him in the balls." I corrected him.

"That's gonna give you a reputation." Beverly laughed.

"What kind of reputation?" I questioned.

"Not a good one." Ben shuddered.

Well, fuck.

word count: 821